Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Onto my 3rd quilt >

Onto my 3rd quilt

Onto my 3rd quilt

Old 07-05-2008, 05:53 AM
Banned

I put my other scrap quilt on hold until I can gather up more fabrics. So in the meantime, I got this started. The fabric around the pictures is actually a Drk purple. Not sure why its showing blue. Other then what I did already, I'm still in the planing stage. I have 2 ideas going in my head. Alternate Drk & Lt purples (framed pix)
OR
Have a plain lt purple block. The pink will be the outside border as I didn't realize til I got home, that it had sparkles in it.
The kids (son & fiance)are here (Davids bday was the 4th..27.. Had a BBQ party for him)) for the weekend, so I'll get going on it Monday when everyones gone. Hopefully by then I'll decide. I don't have a board to hang them on so I take pix so I can sit and look at them to figure it out.
Attached Thumbnails attachment-43719.jpe   attachment-43763.jpe  
Old 07-05-2008, 05:54 AM

CUTE!
Bev, are you SURE you are a beginner?????
Old 07-05-2008, 06:01 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
CUTE!
Bev, are you SURE you are a beginner?????
Oh hun, aren't you sweet. I say I'm a beginner cuz I've only been at it what 2 months I think. But I've sewed for yrs and you gotta do alot of matching there. But I was told I'm just a nateral at this. I don't know about that. I never think of it, I'm just having fun. I can't wait to show you my finished pink quilt. My first one. But there again, I can't do the finishing touches til Monday. The kids are camped out on the floor of my sewing room
Old 07-05-2008, 06:02 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Loretta
Enjoy your family and then do this lovely project. Who is it for? I think you said earlier, but I forgot. Happy quilting!
Remember me doing the pink quilt for my friends daughter? This is for her sister.(Janelles oldest daughter) I was gonna do ballerinas, but nothing grabbed me. I found the Disney Princesses at Walmart so grabbed it.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:14 AM

I think any girl who loves Disney will fall in love with the colors and arrangement you picked out. The sparkles will just add to the fantasy theme.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:16 AM

Very pretty Bev!!! Don't you just love the Disney Princess fabric!! Sewbusy made a quilt from purple Disney Princesses (along with a couple other wonderful ones) for my nephew's benefit in May. Did I mention his tests came back and he's CANCER FREE teehee. Then the sweet sweet darlin sewbusy made another one in purples for my 4 yr old and a glow in the dark Care Bear quilt for my 7 yr old. She is such a wonderful gal!! I still need to get pics posted of them.

You're doing such a wonderful job Bev...and only a couple of months!!!!
Old 07-05-2008, 06:19 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by DA Mayer
I think any girl who loves Disney will fall in love with the colors and arrangement you picked out. The sparkles will just add to the fantasy theme.
Oh good. Its hard for me as I have no girls. Well Blythe (David's fiance') so I'm not sure what all they like. I live in a house full of men. Even my fur baby's are all boys lol. My problem now is do I frame with Lt purple or do a plain block? Ohhhhhhhhhhh decisions, decisions.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:21 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
Very pretty Bev!!! Don't you just love the Disney Princess fabric!! Sewbusy made a quilt from purple Disney Princesses (along with a couple other wonderful ones) for my nephew's benefit in May. Did I mention his tests came back and he's CANCER FREE teehee. Then the sweet sweet darlin sewbusy made another one in purples for my 4 yr old and a glow in the dark Care Bear quilt for my 7 yr old. She is such a wonderful gal!! I still need to get pics posted of them.

You're doing such a wonderful job Bev...and only a couple of months!!!!
Thanks dearheart....... Its a learning experience, yet fun. And yes I answered your post about him being cancer free. That is sooooooooooo way cool.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:26 AM

Bev I like the plain light purple in between because the scenes show up so much more. Maybe you could trace something out of the scene and embroider it on the plain square. Like the little bird, just an outline embroidery so you don't have too much going on.
Old 07-05-2008, 06:27 AM

That is going to be a beautiful quilt. that is going to be one lucky little girl.