Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
The OOOPPPS!!!  is fixed!!!!!!! >

The OOOPPPS!!! is fixed!!!!!!!

The OOOPPPS!!! is fixed!!!!!!!

Old 08-16-2008, 06:37 PM

:thumbup: Great work!!
Old 08-16-2008, 06:43 PM

Hey was there ever any doubt that it would turn out great? I can only hope that my mistakes look as good as yours. :-)
Old 08-16-2008, 07:06 PM

Great work. No one will be able to tell. And such a creative way to cover it up!!

Kyia
Old 08-16-2008, 07:11 PM

I don't know what the oops! was, but it looks awesome now!
Old 08-16-2008, 07:28 PM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Fun fun project !! Is it a wall hanging or a baby blanket???

Ellen
Old 08-16-2008, 07:31 PM

Location: My favorite place in the world is Lake Erie Region USA

Life isn’t about waiting for the storm to pass, it’s about learning to dance in the rain.
Love your signature message..
I agree.. LOVE the stars !! Great idea !! Would love to copy that.. May I ? do we ask for such a thing or do we incorperate all we see here?? I feel so guilty.. There are so many great ideas here !!!

Ellen
Old 08-17-2008, 03:05 AM

Copying is a form of flattery--copy all you want. :wink: I do feel this quilt is a little busy, SO, I have solid squares ready for the next one. And appliquéing was so much fun (I can't believe how much I enjoyed it!) I'll add shapes to the solid squares in contrasting colors. I can't wait! but, first--there are more bookmarks waiting.

Do you realize I never want to leave the house because the projects call me?? :roll:

These pieces--every one--were left over from making Talk-About Quilts. The idea is to put a lot on the quilt to give babies (and up) something to talk about. Until a child speaks--the parent can talk to him/her about the pictures. Babies learn the language by listening to it spoken--Once the child is older, they can make up stories about the characters--by answering questions he/she is asked or just in discussion with someone older, the next step would be top make them up on their own.

It's also educational in that it provides seven colors to learn and at least five shapes. :wink: I created a brochure to go with each quilt to give parents ideas on how to use it.

I take this whole teaching thing waaaaay too far. :lol: I waitressed while getting my Masters and would "preach" to every parent who came in with a baby. "Did you know your baby learns about our language by hearing you talk? Dad, even if you read the sports section out loud, it's still language and very helpful. Did you know books come in plastic and fabric? Your child can have a book every where they go, even in the bathtub! Be sure to buy plenty of books for Christmas! Oh--and how would you like your eggs done?" They must not have minded too much--I made good tips. :D

The educational idea was mine and I want that to be spread all over the land (I would like to reserve the title "Talk-About-Quilt" for the original ones I make--even this one is NOT an original design)--but the save was all yours! Thank you!!!!
Old 08-17-2008, 05:30 AM

The quilt looks great and the stars add so much to it.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:37 AM

Great save! And nobody will be the wiser. I like the buddy star. Sometimes mistakes turn into great designs.
Old 08-17-2008, 07:26 PM

:shock: :shock: That came out fantastic!! I love it.... that's one of those happy accidents.... looks like it was always meant to be there... :P :wink: