Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Organized Chaos - Look Familiar?? >

Organized Chaos - Look Familiar??

Organized Chaos - Look Familiar??

Old 02-17-2011, 09:00 PM

Love it! I'm waiting for DH to put a shelf above the window in my sewing room so I can display all those cute little sewing related things people have given me over the years.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:43 AM

Looks like home to me! A sancturary I'd say. I dare not show my room to any of my quilty friends. They all have things just so. You enjoy yourself and never mind what it looks like. I love being surrounded by all my "stuff", as my son calls it. He reckons I should have a health and safety warning on the door. "Don't stand still or you could be stitched up". I think I'll make a notice to that effect.
Old 02-18-2011, 05:05 AM

Is that stuff hanging on your long arm? Now it is ok to do that with a treadmill but not a quilting machine.
Old 02-18-2011, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Jo Mama
Originally Posted by dmyers
Originally Posted by sewwhat85
wow what a room it is great what kind of long arm do you have
I have a Viking Mega Quilter and the Grace frame that is made for it but I am afraid of it.

I just sold mine, what are you afraid of? It's a great machine! Do you do FMQ or use the QBOT or the Quilt Sew Clever?
Darby
I don't have the Q-Bot - too expensive but I am always unsure if I loaded everything correctly and if my machine acts up I go in a panic. The FMQ doesn't bother me if I use simple patterns - it's just all the other things you have to do. I need an attitue change.
Have you thought of installing zippers on your leaders to load your backing, I have extra's from when I sold mine. They are 10' if you're interested you can PM me.
Darby
Old 02-18-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by sewwhat85
wow what a room it is great what kind of long arm do you have
I have a Viking Mega Quilter and the Grace frame that is made for it but I am afraid of it.

I just sold mine, what are you afraid of? It's a great machine! Do you do FMQ or use the QBOT or the Quilt Sew Clever?
Darby
I don't have the Q-Bot - too expensive but I am always unsure if I loaded everything correctly and if my machine acts up I go in a panic. The FMQ doesn't bother me if I use simple patterns - it's just all the other things you have to do. I need an attitue change.
Have you thought of installing zippers on your leaders to load your backing, I have extra's from when I sold mine. They are 10' if you're interested you can PM me.
Darby
I've not thought about zips. My friend who has an A-1 is ordering me some new dealie to attach fab to leaders - we'll see if I can do it. Thanks so much for the offer anyway. I really appreciate it.
Old 02-18-2011, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by spindreams
The room may be cluttered, but my eyes could not get past the long arm. Oh how I would love to have one. My dream would be to quit my "real" job and quilt, and teach applique, and take in quilts for the long arm for a living.
Actually, your room looks very warm and inviting to me. Can I come over and sew in it?

Jane
You can come over anytime you want. I love Vancouver, BC. I'm orginally from Seattle and have spent a lot of time in V. Cruised to Alaska twice from there. You are lucky to live in such a beautiful city.
Old 02-18-2011, 01:17 PM

I will clean my room soon but I always. always have things laying on shelves, hanging on the walls, expecially gifts I get. Love to show them off. I can't put anything in a box and not show it. Love your room. Looks lived in. Thanks fro sharing. I have those same three straw hats I think. I love hats.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:40 PM

It looks like a very fun filled room, Must be where your mind really does it's best thinking and work. Nice room
Old 02-18-2011, 10:42 PM

I wish I had a room.
Old 02-19-2011, 07:02 AM

I could spend all day in there just looking! Don't you love being surrounded by things that make you happy!