Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Ozark Piecemakers Quilt Show

Was held in Springfield and what a beautiful show it was. Incredible work, would love pictures of everything. Went to my first "bed turning" really enjoyed that and such wonderful old quilts and stories. Am thinking of going back, just had the afternoon today, need a whole day....or more :!: There sure is a lot of talent in the quilting world.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I bet this was fun!! Those are some pretty quilts!

Love the Sunbonnet Sue, that is really cute. Thanks for sharing

Elle

I am going tomorrow with a bus of people form Eastern Kansas City Area.
    We always look forward to this show.

Phyllis

Blog Entries
    I agree with you about the talent...tons and tons of it!!

Super Member mary quite contrary's Avatar
    Thank you for sharing. I love seeing pictures of quilts.

Quote Originally Posted by bsquilter
    I am going tomorrow with a bus of people form Eastern Kansas City Area.
    We always look forward to this show.

Phyllis
    Oh Phylis, you will truely enjoy it. Hope you get to spend a good part of the day there. One of the booths has some great bargins, fat quarters: 5 for $3, and hope they still have $3 grab bags, they were wonderful and fun. Have a safe enjoyable trip. :D

I love that first quilt you posted!!!! Gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by Brazen
    I love that first quilt you posted!!!! Gorgeous!
    It really didn't show up like it should. The colors were the old 30's or feed sack materials and just beautiful, scrappy but not. Not too bright but just a bit brighter than pictured. All hand done, impressive.

Oh the Ozarks! I love it there. We spent a couple years there when I was growing up, I think I know a lady who goes to that show, funny to think you might have rubbed elbows with her without even knowing it. :)

I have never heard of a "bed turning" before, but if you are talking about learning about that great stack of quilts in the first photo, then I can only begin to imagine how much fun that would be!!! Sounds like you had a great time at the show. Were there vendors?? Did you buy anything?

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    I have never heard of a "bed turning" before, but if you are talking about learning about that great stack of quilts in the first photo, then I can only begin to imagine how much fun that would be!!! Sounds like you had a great time at the show. Were there vendors?? Did you buy anything?
    The "bed turning" is a bed piled high with quilts and they pick up and show ea one while giving its history. We had civil war quilts that were amazing. To think what the women went thru 75 or more years ago and we dare complain! They had big families, big gardens to tend, canning, washing over a fire, clothes to make and still made such beautiful works of art to keep their families warm. Even had quilts that were rescued from dumpsters, and they were in great shape. People just don't appreciate the work :cry: There were venders for all the big sewing machine and some long arm companies, all doing demonstrations and such. Booths selling patterns and material, some more expensive than others. We bought some fat quarters and quite a few grab bags.....they were fun. We didn't see any supplies like cutters, pins, scisors, rulers boards etc. Did see some of the speciality rulers not the general one everyone needs. The gals with me are new to quilting and they were looking for the cutting board and such. No luck with that. But all the quilt shops are having big sales in their shops. Some huge displays of the blocks from the Kansas City Star newspaper patterns. They were interesting and lots of them were vintage blocks. Just amazing stuff. Recommend to be sure and go to ANY quilt show, wonderful stuff. Sorry this got so long :roll:

:D :D :D :D Thanks for sharing

bluebird, hey girlfriend, i just posted a bunch of pics from the quilt show. wasn't it great fun? i see you got to the bed turning. i love that we saw so many by just sitting and the historys were so interesting. i didn't get any pics of the bed turning, was too far back. do you live near springfield? i am south of republic.

Quote Originally Posted by nanabirdmo
    bluebird, hey girlfriend, i just posted a bunch of pics from the quilt show. wasn't it great fun? i see you got to the bed turning. i love that we saw so many by just sitting and the historys were so interesting. i didn't get any pics of the bed turning, was too far back. do you live near springfield? i am south of republic.
    We went back again today! Just not enough time to see everything. Took some more pictures, the quilts are unbelievable. Such talent. We live out in the country about 60 miles NE from Springfield. Our closest "big" city is Lebanon. Am going to try and post a couple more pictures. Yes, wasn't the bed turning interesting :D

A couple more pictures from the show.

A couple more pictures from the show.

Underground Railroad
    Name:  Attachment-19567.jpe
Views: 80
Size:  79.5 KB

Grandma's Flower Garden
    Name:  Attachment-53872.jpe
Views: 57
Size:  54.9 KB

A couple more

Another Grandma's Flower Garden
    Name:  Attachment-19580.jpe
Views: 49
Size:  55.7 KB

We really enjoyed the show yesterday. The quilts were fabulous! Your pictures included the quilts that I liked the best. The bed turnig was interesting and educational. The Venders were great also.

I met a college friend that I havn't seen for thirty years.

Also included in our trip was a stop at F & M Fabric and the Fabric Outlet.

Eveyone on our bus was in a tired but happy mood on the way home, including the bus driver who told us how much he had enjoyed the group.

Next stop DesMoines.

Phyllis

Quote Originally Posted by bsquilter
    We really enjoyed the show yesterday. The quilts were fabulous! Your pictures included the quilts that I liked the best. The bed turnig was interesting and educational. The Venders were great also.

I met a college friend that I havn't seen for thirty years.

Also included in our trip was a stop at F & M Fabric and the Fabric Outlet.

Eveyone on our bus was in a tired but happy mood on the way home, including the bus driver who told us how much he had enjoyed the group.

Next stop DesMoines.

Phyllis

What fun! we wanted to go to F & M also, just didn't have time. One gal was late as is for milking! Looking forward to next year. Bet we brushed elbows, will have to meet next time!

Sure sounds like "a great time was had by all". Thanks for posting more pictures. Since I am working on my URR it was really fun to see that one.

Quote Originally Posted by Marcia
    Sure sounds like "a great time was had by all". Thanks for posting more pictures. Since I am working on my URR it was really fun to see that one.
    The URR was a beauty, thought of you folks working on it.

Blog Entries
    thank you for sharing...l love the cow