Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pam's Irish Mist >

Pam's Irish Mist

Pam's Irish Mist

Old 09-26-2014, 08:32 AM

I have been trying to figure out what you did to get that pattern on the last pic in the upper right and lower left. On the front of the quilt it is in the green squares. Love all of it, but that I can't figure out how you made that design.
Marcia in TX
Old 09-26-2014, 09:20 AM
Power Poster

it's a gorgeous quilt and you do beautiful quilting.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-22-2019 at 05:31 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 09-26-2014, 10:39 AM

I am in the process of making a quilt like the one on the left in your picture background.
The one on the right in the background is on my list-to-make sometime. Love them both.
Are they yours?

Last edited by needles3thread; 09-26-2014 at 10:42 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 11:40 AM

It's just gorgeous in all aspects!
Old 09-26-2014, 12:41 PM

Looks great! I like the "pebbling".
Old 09-26-2014, 01:35 PM

Beautiful quilt!!! The only bad part of looking at the pictures everybody puts on here is my list of quilts I want to make keeps growing and growing and growing.....
Old 09-27-2014, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by marcias View Post
I have been trying to figure out what you did to get that pattern on the last pic in the upper right and lower left. On the front of the quilt it is in the green squares. Love all of it, but that I can't figure out how you made that design.
Marcia in TX
It's a very easy filler design. Just place your needle in the upper left corner of any square, as you stitch bring your needle down and curve it back up toward the outside center of the square, then curve it gently to stitch into the upper right corner of the square. (at this point if you turn your square 90 degrees you will notice the stitching makes the left side of a heart shape). Continue across to top seam lines of how many square are connected, then on the last square in that line (when you reach the upper right corne)r bring your needle out, curve back to the center and down to the lower right corner (following the seam line). Next bring your needle out and up moving to the lower left corner of the square in the same manner. At that corner move your needle to the right of the seam line up, out, back in making the upsidedown half heart shape (along the seam line) ending at the upper left corner of the block. Now stitch back down along the left side of that seam line making a rightsideup left side half heart shape. Continue this way until all squares have stitching on the four sides. Clear as mud, right? Draw a few square on paper and practice this you will soon get the hang of it. Makes a wonder, easy and fast way to quilt and can be adapted to also fill triangles.
Old 09-27-2014, 05:05 AM

fantastic choices on the selection of colors, also a great job on the quilting.
Old 09-27-2014, 04:29 PM

"It's a very easy filler design. Just place your needle in the upper left corner of any square, as you stitch bring your needle down and curve it back up toward the outside center of the square, then curve it gently to stitch into the upper right corner of the square. (at this point if you turn your square 90 degrees you will notice the stitching makes the left side of a heart shape)...."

Thank you so much for the explanation. It took me a couple of lines, but your explanation made perfect sense. It is an awesome quilting look. I am going to have to make a quilt with enough small squares to really give this a good try after practicing on paper.
Marcia in TX
Old 09-27-2014, 04:35 PM

Originally Posted by needles3thread View Post
I am in the process of making a quilt like the one on the left in your picture background.
The one on the right in the background is on my list-to-make sometime. Love them both.
Are they yours?
I'm in perfect accord with you on loving them both, especially the one on the right. The patterns and the colors are so great! I'm glad you mentioned them, because I was fixated on the just quilted one and didn't even notice the background quilts til I saw your comments. That Soloman's Puzzle with the 1/4"(?) different accent adds something really special to the quilt.
Marcia in TX