Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Paper Pieced Beth's Quilt

k3n
    Blog Entries
    Hey Ninniekins, how did I miss this? Doh! :oops:

Came to check out the PP section because I had a yen to do some and thought I'd look for inspiration and I see this beauty! I love the colours and the floral is beautiful! Lovely job. :-D That's some achievement to PP a full quilt - I'm going to do a little wallhanging! :mrgreen:

Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Hey Ninniekins, how did I miss this? Doh! :oops:

Came to check out the PP section because I had a yen to do some and thought I'd look for inspiration and I see this beauty! I love the colours and the floral is beautiful! Lovely job. :-D That's some achievement to PP a full quilt - I'm going to do a little wallhanging! :mrgreen:
    Awe, thanks K, Maybe some day I will tackle the OBW :roll: Every time you do one I am so envious. I am now planning my second PP though :-D

Beautiful! This would be a long UFO for me. I get tired of paper piecing so quickly! This is a good job well done!

Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Ninnie, that is gorgeous. I went to Carol Doak's website the other day and printed off a free pattern she had there, but have no idea where to start. I am a visual person, so guess I just need to take a class or 2 or 3!!
    Thanks!!
    order her DVD, beachlady, it is so easy, and will have you pping in about 15 minutes, that is how I learned :D
    beachlady, beware!!!

every time you turn around, she's selling that dvd to someone else. that's how she sucked me in. do you think she's making a commission?

Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Ninnie, that is gorgeous. I went to Carol Doak's website the other day and printed off a free pattern she had there, but have no idea where to start. I am a visual person, so guess I just need to take a class or 2 or 3!!
    Thanks!!
    order her DVD, beachlady, it is so easy, and will have you pping in about 15 minutes, that is how I learned :D
    beachlady, beware!!!

every time you turn around, she's selling that dvd to someone else. that's how she sucked me in. do you think she's making a commission?
    ROFLMBO I get FQ for everyone I sale :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I am up to a yard now :shock:
    I just like partners in PP :-D

I will check the dvd out. Now that I have a laptop, I can take it closer to the sewing machine and keep replaying things - my old brain needs replaying!!!

Hey Nin, that is really pretty. Someday you will learn to buy 3 yds. Makes a great stash. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jetwv
    Hey Nin, that is really pretty. Someday you will learn to buy 3 yds. Makes a great stash. lol
    When I got down to only a 10 in piece left, I heard your voice in my head. Always buy at least 3 yards :lol: :lol: I think I have learned my lessen this time :roll: I feel a road trip to Mary Jo's soon :-D

Blog Entries
    i got her dvd and did take some free patterns too and i'm going to try one day and do pp

Quote Originally Posted by Elsie
    i got her dvd and did take some free patterns too and i'm going to try one day and do pp
    you can do it Elsie, and then we will PP together :-D

Hay BW, chalk up another one :-D

Banned
    veeeeery pretty

Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    veeeeery pretty
    Thank you Bev!! :-D

Wow, you a so much braver than I.

Great job. :)

i forgot to ask you: how many seams come together in the center? they look nice and flat.

Save the road trip. I'll be down in July. Sewing machine and all. I need some help with scrap piecing. Colors, you know.

awesome

Quote Originally Posted by jetwv
    Save the road trip. I'll be down in July. Sewing machine and all. I need some help with scrap piecing. Colors, you know.
    ok, I will wait until you get here, don't want to have all the fun without you :lol: And,doln't forget to bring your stash :-D

Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    awesome, thanks for sharing
    totally!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

That turned out really pretty. I should have time to try things out in a few days. Just have to find my machine under all the clutter.

Lovely job on your first pp project. You made great color choices. Glad you enjoyed making it. With every quilt you make your technique will improve. You may find that pp is the way to go if you are looking for clean lines, crisp edges and a template that can be rearranged with multiple outcomes. Keep up the good work and I would love to see the next one you make.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4