Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4
Results 76 to 95 of 95

Thread: Paper Pieced Beth's Quilt

  1. #76
    k3n
    k3n is offline
    Power Poster k3n's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Somerset, England
    Posts
    10,712
    Blog Entries
    1
    Hey Ninniekins, how did I miss this? Doh! :oops:

    Came to check out the PP section because I had a yen to do some and thought I'd look for inspiration and I see this beauty! I love the colours and the floral is beautiful! Lovely job. :-D That's some achievement to PP a full quilt - I'm going to do a little wallhanging! :mrgreen:

  2. #77
    Power Poster Ninnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Athens Ga
    Posts
    11,448
    Quote Originally Posted by k3n
    Hey Ninniekins, how did I miss this? Doh! :oops:

    Came to check out the PP section because I had a yen to do some and thought I'd look for inspiration and I see this beauty! I love the colours and the floral is beautiful! Lovely job. :-D That's some achievement to PP a full quilt - I'm going to do a little wallhanging! :mrgreen:
    Awe, thanks K, Maybe some day I will tackle the OBW :roll: Every time you do one I am so envious. I am now planning my second PP though :-D

  3. #78
    Super Member franie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    SW Iowa
    Posts
    6,573
    Beautiful! This would be a long UFO for me. I get tired of paper piecing so quickly! This is a good job well done!

  4. #79
    Super Member butterflywing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    currently central new jersey
    Posts
    8,700
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Ninnie, that is gorgeous. I went to Carol Doak's website the other day and printed off a free pattern she had there, but have no idea where to start. I am a visual person, so guess I just need to take a class or 2 or 3!!
    Thanks!!
    order her DVD, beachlady, it is so easy, and will have you pping in about 15 minutes, that is how I learned :D
    beachlady, beware!!!

    every time you turn around, she's selling that dvd to someone else. that's how she sucked me in. do you think she's making a commission?

  5. #80
    Power Poster Ninnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Athens Ga
    Posts
    11,448
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflywing
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninnie
    Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Ninnie, that is gorgeous. I went to Carol Doak's website the other day and printed off a free pattern she had there, but have no idea where to start. I am a visual person, so guess I just need to take a class or 2 or 3!!
    Thanks!!
    order her DVD, beachlady, it is so easy, and will have you pping in about 15 minutes, that is how I learned :D
    beachlady, beware!!!

    every time you turn around, she's selling that dvd to someone else. that's how she sucked me in. do you think she's making a commission?
    ROFLMBO I get FQ for everyone I sale :lol: :lol: :lol: I think I am up to a yard now :shock:
    I just like partners in PP :-D

  6. #81
    Super Member beachlady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,753
    I will check the dvd out. Now that I have a laptop, I can take it closer to the sewing machine and keep replaying things - my old brain needs replaying!!!

  7. #82
    jetwv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Weston, WV
    Posts
    30
    Hey Nin, that is really pretty. Someday you will learn to buy 3 yds. Makes a great stash. lol

  8. #83
    Power Poster Ninnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Athens Ga
    Posts
    11,448
    Quote Originally Posted by jetwv
    Hey Nin, that is really pretty. Someday you will learn to buy 3 yds. Makes a great stash. lol
    When I got down to only a 10 in piece left, I heard your voice in my head. Always buy at least 3 yards :lol: :lol: I think I have learned my lessen this time :roll: I feel a road trip to Mary Jo's soon :-D

  9. #84
    Senior Member Elsie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    central Illinois
    Posts
    923
    Blog Entries
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Ninnie, that is gorgeous. I went to Carol Doak's website the other day and printed off a free pattern she had there, but have no idea where to start. I am a visual person, so guess I just need to take a class or 2 or 3!!
    i got her dvd and did take some free patterns too and i'm going to try one day and do pp

  10. #85
    Power Poster Ninnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Athens Ga
    Posts
    11,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Elsie
    Quote Originally Posted by beachlady
    Ninnie, that is gorgeous. I went to Carol Doak's website the other day and printed off a free pattern she had there, but have no idea where to start. I am a visual person, so guess I just need to take a class or 2 or 3!!
    i got her dvd and did take some free patterns too and i'm going to try one day and do pp
    you can do it Elsie, and then we will PP together :-D

    Hay BW, chalk up another one :-D

  11. #86
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    veeeeery pretty

  12. #87
    Power Poster Ninnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Athens Ga
    Posts
    11,448
    Quote Originally Posted by Bevanger
    veeeeery pretty
    Thank you Bev!! :-D

  13. #88
    Super Member 978gray's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The leaves they are a turnin'
    Posts
    1,367
    Wow, you a so much braver than I.


    Great job. :)

  14. #89
    Super Member butterflywing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    currently central new jersey
    Posts
    8,700
    i forgot to ask you: how many seams come together in the center? they look nice and flat.

  15. #90
    jetwv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Weston, WV
    Posts
    30
    Save the road trip. I'll be down in July. Sewing machine and all. I need some help with scrap piecing. Colors, you know.

  16. #91
    saf45's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    maine
    Posts
    1,592
    awesome

  17. #92
    Power Poster Ninnie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Athens Ga
    Posts
    11,448
    Quote Originally Posted by jetwv
    Save the road trip. I'll be down in July. Sewing machine and all. I need some help with scrap piecing. Colors, you know.
    ok, I will wait until you get here, don't want to have all the fun without you :lol: And,doln't forget to bring your stash :-D

  18. #93
    Super Member Ditter43's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Crystal River Florida
    Posts
    9,771
    Quote Originally Posted by craftybear
    awesome, thanks for sharing
    totally!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

  19. #94
    jetwv's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Weston, WV
    Posts
    30
    That turned out really pretty. I should have time to try things out in a few days. Just have to find my machine under all the clutter.

  20. #95
    Senior Member Bubblegum0077's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Myrtle Beach, SC
    Posts
    794
    Lovely job on your first pp project. You made great color choices. Glad you enjoyed making it. With every quilt you make your technique will improve. You may find that pp is the way to go if you are looking for clean lines, crisp edges and a template that can be rearranged with multiple outcomes. Keep up the good work and I would love to see the next one you make.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.