Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pass the Block >

Pass the Block

Pass the Block

Old 02-09-2012, 02:05 PM

Just love the Michael Miller panels. I just got a peter pan panel for a boy charity quilt for Judy. It's fantastic.
They make really nice twin quilts with just a few borders.
Just a quite note to follow up on Craftys note about sending fabric. I won't send any fabric unless someone asks for it. I just want to help anyone who would want to be on the group but can't afford to get the fabric. So if you need fabric send me a PM to work on the block. No worries.
Love you all
R
Originally Posted by pattis47 View Post
who's block is this and where does it go next???????? I asked about a week ago, but can't find the answer.....sorry for the confusion. Trying to put info with tops and mail them out. Thanks,
Patti
Old 02-09-2012, 02:46 PM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell View Post
Just love the Michael Miller panels. I just got a peter pan panel for a boy charity quilt for Judy. It's fantastic.
Just a quite note to follow up on Craftys note about sending fabric. I won't send any fabric unless someone asks for it. I just want to help anyone who would want to be on the group but can't afford to get the fabric. So if you need fabric send me a PM to work on the block. No worries.
Love you all
R
Robert:

You are a jewel!!
Old 02-09-2012, 03:04 PM

Robert I don't mind if you send fabric it's kind of you to help others. I was just checking to see what the best way is.I sent fabric with the monkey quilt. I want to be sure of what everyone wants.

I have everyone's preferences for the # of quilts except for
Carsey - our new sis
Judy
Patti - which I might have the answer but need to check

Also are there any themes going?
Old 02-09-2012, 03:08 PM

Love that choice of orange and pink....yummy
Old 02-09-2012, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by Crafty3790 View Post
Robert I don't mind if you send fabric it's kind of you to help others. I was just checking to see what the best way is.I sent fabric with the monkey quilt. I want to be sure of what everyone wants.

Carsey - our new sis
Judy

need to be ready to send out

I am doing one christmas and one panel with house scenes on it (quilts on the fence etc)
Old 02-09-2012, 03:29 PM

I am doing Robert's fairy quilt right now and the fabric has helped out. (also used some of it on the carousel with his permission of course! )...I am not thinking theme for my next one...d
Old 02-09-2012, 03:30 PM

My themes are, the charity Quilt is a Peter and Tink Disney Panel and my full quilt will be a Santa Qult. Love Donna's. traditional Christmas colors and I loved the kind of bowtie border and the black background with christmas ornaments on them. If you have any questions let me know. I figure the more info I give the better for the designers.
Love you all
R
Originally Posted by Crafty3790 View Post

Carsey - our new sis
Judy

Old 02-09-2012, 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by rfbrazell View Post
Love you all
R
My two cents regarding the fabric is this: I am always happy to provide any fabric I have that anyone can use, but postage does get expensive (especially as the quilt gets larger and if no one has used any of the fabric provided). I think if we have fabric that can be used we should put a note to that effect in with the quilt and maybe even a small sample of the fabric and then if someone has a border in which they can use it they can contact us and we can send it to them. I would be more than happy to do that.

Crafty, I thought I had posted that I was only going to do one quilt this time, and it will be for the kids camp and so will only need at the most five people to work on it. I just got a note from the camp and they want the quilts to be between 50 x 60 or 60 x 70 or somewhere in between, so we don't want to be making monster quilts. I'm not sure of a theme yet, but I'm thinking maybe I'll do some pirate embroidery designs that I have for the center if that helps you out.
Old 02-09-2012, 03:42 PM

Pirates and Peter Pan....Hand in Hand! Great minds think alike......LOL
the fabric thing sounds good Judy. If I have cordinating fabric I will just snip a square and put it in a bag and if someone needs it they can pm me.
good Plan.
R
Originally Posted by JudyG View Post
My two cents regarding the fabric is this: I am always happy to provide any fabric I have that anyone can use, but postage does get expensive (especially as the quilt gets larger and if no one has used any of the fabric provided). I think if we have fabric that can be used we should put a note to that effect in with the quilt and maybe even a small sample of the fabric and then if someone has a border in which they can use it they can contact us and we can send it to them. I would be more than happy to do that.

Crafty, I thought I had posted that I was only going to do one quilt this time, and it will be for the kids camp and so will only need at the most five people to work on it. I just got a note from the camp and they want the quilts to be between 50 x 60 or 60 x 70 or somewhere in between, so we don't want to be making monster quilts. I'm not sure of a theme yet, but I'm thinking maybe I'll do some pirate embroidery designs that I have for the center if that helps you out.
Old 02-09-2012, 04:49 PM

Thanks Judy I'm sure you told me pirates sound fun.
I have tink o my embroidery machine so that will be great.