Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pass the Block >

Pass the Block

Pass the Block

Old 05-10-2012, 09:23 AM

That is so great Judy.....It really has turned out great Deb. It has really been balanced out with the borders and the colors are blending well.
if you need help with the kids quilts let me know. If you need backing fabrics let me know that too. I have an overabundance of fabrics. I have 42 bolts and lots of large totes full of fabric collected over the years. I used to go to the warehouses when I was doing costumes and have a big collection.
let me know
R
Originally Posted by JudyG View Post
Here is my round on Deb's circle quilt. Hope you like it. Joan, it is on its way to you after it gets a good pressing.
Old 05-10-2012, 11:15 AM

It looks great I love it. It's so cool to see how different each top comes out.
Robert do you have any Do Sew? It's for pattern making I thought maybe you might have it from costume making.
Old 05-10-2012, 12:53 PM

I don't, is it online to look at. I'm old school and we'd make out patterns off of a Dress / talioring Dummy with 1/2 tape and cut a muslin patter from there. then when Vouge, McCall and Simplicity along with Folk Patterns made the process much eaiser. I remember when we did The King and I, I made more trips to the East Indian part of the garmet district and bought more than my share of sarai's to use for the 16 children of the king. And then we had to costume Anna in English turn of the century dresses and undergarmets....LOL and when the Director ask me to design her "Shall we Dance" number YIKES.....It was 19 yards of a dusty pink satin taffetta. Anyway I'm rambling on.
I will look it up. I have been asked to help with a show in Evereet by the Village Theater. So we'll see where it goes. With my health and all. but I would love to do it.
I love your circle quilt. I think it has turned out very well.
R
Originally Posted by Crafty3790 View Post
It looks great I love it. It's so cool to see how different each top comes out.
Robert do you have any Do Sew? It's for pattern making I thought maybe you might have it from costume making.
Old 05-10-2012, 01:10 PM

I saw the King and I with Yul Brenner in N.Y. that's dating me it was a graduation present from friends it was great. You must have had a fun life. I can get it online I just wanted to see if you had some lying around.
Old 05-10-2012, 06:12 PM

Just got back from Bahama's and would love to stay in the group and just pm when you start up again. It's been fun and thanks everyone for letting me join this group, also want to say that I loved my flag top it was here when I got home today with another top that I need to add to let me rest a full day and I will tackle it sometime this weekend or first of next week. I'm poop out from the long drive back!
Deb thanks for doing the round it was awesome! If any one else start up please let me know.
Donna
Old 05-11-2012, 09:29 AM

We are so alike. Cathy took me to Orphem Theather in San Fran to see the king and I with Yul Brenner for my 30 birthday that was 29 years ago.LOL
I have something similar but not the same name. It is a forming pattern tracer I use on the Dress Form. Let me know if you want any, I think I have about 15 yrds.
Have a good rest this summer and THANK YOU< THANK YOU < THANK YOU for all you did for me on pass the board and will be with you in the Fall.....i will get a start this summer on the christmas center I wanted to do for our family christmas quilt.

Thank you agian. Feel free to email me in the summer if you need anything.
Roberto
Originally Posted by Crafty3790 View Post
I saw the King and I with Yul Brenner in N.Y. that's dating me it was a graduation present from friends it was great. You must have had a fun life. I can get it online I just wanted to see if you had some lying around.
Old 05-12-2012, 04:13 PM

Deb:

It sounds like fall will be a great time for all of us to join back up.

Donna: If there are others that want to do a round this summer, I would love to join in.

Have a Happy Mother's Day, everyone!!!!

Blessings!
Carole
Old 05-13-2012, 04:23 AM

Happy Mother's Day!
Old 05-13-2012, 10:00 AM

Me too!

Happy Mother's Day to all the mothers.

Donna

Originally Posted by Carsey View Post
Deb:

It sounds like fall will be a great time for all of us to join back up.

Donna: If there are others that want to do a round this summer, I would love to join in.

Have a Happy Mother's Day, everyone!!!!

Blessings!
Carole
Old 05-14-2012, 02:07 PM

I am up for one small for the next a round but if we take a break that is fine!