Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Patchwork and embroidered Stars >

Patchwork and embroidered Stars

Patchwork and embroidered Stars

Old 10-01-2023, 08:42 PM

Default Patchwork and embroidered Stars

Well, this didn’t end up being what it started out to be, but I think it’s ok. I made some 10.5 in blocks, with a blue and white background. I should have re-looked at the picture I saw of them around a panel. They were supposed to chain around a panel and the bigger center 4 Patch was the only 4p with the red and diamond print together. The 4 other 4P at the corners were supposed to be red color with background squares or Diamond print with background squares. Anyway, I made the block like this and when I placed it around the panel, I didn’t like it bc the chains were lost. So…. I set it with alternate blocks of embroidered stars on a 10.5 background. This worked better but it’s not as pretty as other quilts I’ve made for QOV. Pictures show the evolution.
Attached Thumbnails 71770006083__cbd5287e-4ef7-42e0-930d-b358cf2ecb94.jpeg   img_9635.jpeg   img_9636.jpeg   img_9658.jpeg  
Old 10-02-2023, 02:06 AM

Another Beautiful quilt by the master Quilter Toogie! You are so talented. I like the stars being the center of attention...just like the lucky recipient will feel when receiving your lovely quilt.
Old 10-02-2023, 03:14 AM

I think you made the better choice for your chain blocks. The final product is another beauty and something to be proud of. It is an inspiration to hear your process, the changes and to see the end result. It will be perfect for a service person who will see the unexpected beauty in this soothing QOV quilt.
Old 10-02-2023, 03:49 AM

Good save Toogie! The end result is a very beautiful quilt And you still have your panel to make another now that you know what you missed the first time and still have this beautiful quilt to show for it. Good work!
Old 10-02-2023, 03:50 AM

Your finished quilt may be different than your idea in the beginning, but it is still a beautiful quilt.
Old 10-02-2023, 05:11 AM

Yes, another beautiful QOV. Your organization must be as proud of you as the rest of us are. Way to go Toogie!
Wondering what it would have looked like with the panel and then the 9 patch blocks turned on point and filled in with white or off white. I'm terrible at describing things...probably makes no sense at all, but now it's stock in my head!!
Old 10-02-2023, 06:02 AM

I really appreciate that you shared some of your design process - your final products are always so lovely and it's encouraging to me to see that you also sometimes change direction while you're working on a quilt. :-)
Old 10-02-2023, 06:53 AM

I think the finished quilt is so pretty. I'm not that big a fan of panels and love stars so I like the finished project best.
Old 10-02-2023, 07:31 AM

Another beautiful finish! What a wonderful way to make it work when you didn’t like the original.
Old 10-02-2023, 12:16 PM

Great solution! I love this beautiful quilt!