Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
The Perfect Fishing Sun Hat!! I made it! Woo HOO!! >

The Perfect Fishing Sun Hat!! I made it! Woo HOO!!

The Perfect Fishing Sun Hat!! I made it! Woo HOO!!

Old 07-19-2010, 04:07 PM

Ok, heres my hat. I know its kinda Pimpy but I was trying out pattern & this was some cheap stuff I had gotten from Walmart ($1.00) a yard. DD loves it & wants me to make some more. I know this pattern is hard for some to figure out. My brim was way too big & I used the formula they gave. I cut it off 2 inches. If you make this I would totally finish the hat first & put the binging on the edge last to see if you might need to cut it down. Think I'm going to make some with even smaller brim.

My Gangster hat
[ATTACH=CONFIG]74085[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails attachment-74080.jpe   attachment-74081.jpe  
Old 07-20-2010, 12:24 AM

I LOVE IT!! You will def be pimpin' lol! And I put binding on last too. Trimmed it to be a little more even. It takes time to figure out but save the pattern for next tim.

And as far as the compass, I was too lazy for pencil and string. Next time though. LOL
Old 07-20-2010, 03:48 AM

Cool!

Do you have a fur coat and a pink caddie to go with it? :lol:

You did a wonderful job! :thumbup:
Old 07-20-2010, 06:46 AM

kewl hat! I haven't given up, YET! I'm having a party this weekend for my mom's 80th birthday, when that's over maybe I can concentrate and figure it out. I guess the brim depends on whether you want an umbrella or just to protect your ears and face!
Old 07-20-2010, 07:50 AM

Mine was way too big. It looked like one of those old Audrey Hepburn movies where she always played the french model & wore the big old hats. DD want me to make her one in zebra & hot pink. Thought about the camo with rhinestones & stuff. Thanks for posting this. Gonna have lots of fun. Best part, DH the math wiz got the formula wrong & I got it right. He thinks I'm a dummy sometimes.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by Debra Mc
Mine was way too big. It looked like one of those old Audrey Hepburn movies where she always played the french model & wore the big old hats. DD want me to make her one in zebra & hot pink. Thought about the camo with rhinestones & stuff. Thanks for posting this. Gonna have lots of fun. Best part, DH the math wiz got the formula wrong & I got it right. He thinks I'm a dummy sometimes.
Love the hubby part. LOL! Yeah, my DD wants asmaller camo one. Think I will use some hot pink thread for the stitching.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:45 AM

Originally Posted by knlsmith
Love the hubby part. LOL! Yeah, my DD wants asmaller camo one. Think I will use some hot pink thread for the stitching.
My DD has a camo bathing suit. Would that be too cute with some pink trim & thread like you said. Maybe the binding in pink & the underbrim linning in pink. We are just a bundle of ideals.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:47 AM

My DD has a camo bathing suit. Would that be too cute with some pink trim & thread like you said. Maybe the binding in pink & the underbrim linning in pink. We are just a bundle of ideals.
We are the also the CLASSIEST bunch of redneck women I have ever met! LMAO!
Old 07-20-2010, 08:48 AM

I love it.
Old 07-20-2010, 08:51 AM

We are the also the CLASSIEST bunch of redneck women I have ever met! LMAO!
In the true sense of style. "Thats a big 10/4" Had to have a CB to remember that one.