Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Phase 2 of my quilt room... >

Phase 2 of my quilt room...

Phase 2 of my quilt room...

Old 04-24-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by alaskasunshine
Originally Posted by Happy Tails
here's a stupid question......do you fold your fabric in half before you wrap it around the board?? Looks awesome!!!
If you would like me to post pix of me wrapping a bolt I'd be happy to do that. My husband was just saying he should take pix to show how it was done. Again, it is so simple but really time consuming if you have lots of fabric to organize! Please PM me if you'd like to see a demo. Thanks so much for looking!!! :thumbup: :-D
Are you kidding, YESSSSSSSSSSSS to the pics, LOL
Old 04-24-2010, 03:21 PM

I have been wanting to get those fabric boards too, but too pricey. Like your idea of making them yourself - thanks for the instructions.
Can you tell me about how much material is on a board?
Thanks
karen
Old 04-24-2010, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Feathers
Hi AlaskaSunshine:
Our little one didn't make it. We got up for the 4AM feeding on Wed. and she was gone. Just too little, to premature. She just wasn't ready for this big world. Today we got 4 more! They are so darned cute. We'll only foster for about 3 weeks then they'll be off to forever homes. It looks like my bathroom is a mess...it is. These 4 little terrors really know how to pitch the sand out of the sandbox that we have in the bathroom. :lol:
Oh feathers :( Boo hoo on the little white one!!!
I love little "boots" the last pix. And cats freak me out but that little one is darling. Cats really scare me, always have

thank so much for helping them to live,
hugs,
alaskasunshine! :-D
Old 04-24-2010, 04:11 PM

No, I didn't see your Phase 1 of your quilt room, could you list the link, I would love to see it.
Old 04-24-2010, 05:00 PM

Wow! I love it! What great organization!
Kind Regards,
MaryAnna
Old 04-24-2010, 05:01 PM
Google Goddess

wow, love your quilt room, great job!
Old 04-24-2010, 06:11 PM

TOTALLY Awesome!
Old 04-24-2010, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by poultney
No, I didn't see your Phase 1 of your quilt room, could you list the link, I would love to see it.
all you have to do is do a search for...
"My quilt room in progress" click on the search word under the top of the page it is right under THE QUILTER'S at the top of the page.
I hope this helps :thumbup:
Old 04-25-2010, 12:33 AM
Banned

wow that is just great. thank you for sharing. God bless. Penny
Old 04-25-2010, 07:02 AM

I'm trying to get a rough idea on how long it would take to do my stash. Your room looks so absolutely awesome! Did you have your fabric in bins and how long would you estimate it took to fold a bin. Did you decide if you were going to post pictures showing you folding the pieces? There are a couple places online that sell the plastic sheets and I thought I'd check our local sign shops. I have the cardboard from Joannes (from the bolts) but I think they are quite a bit thicker than the plastic. Having not seen the plastic I can't judge one way or another. I'm so tired of trying to find a fabric and trying to burrow through the bins to find what I want. It gets pulled out to audition with the other pieces and never seems to get back into the right bin. I'm quite frustrated. I haven't started mine yet, it just looks too overwhelming. Well that and it seems like I'm doing nothing but bottle feeding & playing with this little orphaned kitty and churning out these kitty quilts for the cages at the shelter. We have been adopting them out so fast that I have had a hard time keeping up and forget about my own projects. I have had two doll quilts that I absolutely MUST get finished. The people that are supposed to get them will never forgive me. I have got to get my sewing room finished organizd since I know I am going to have other litters to foster in the near future. My bathroom is OK when they are realy little but the guest room is the nursery. My little guy spent his first night there last night. He has been in a box because the bathroom was such a BIG place. It's hard since he is all by himself. With the other litters, there is always someone to play and cuddle with. Benji has just me, so I am his everything. He's trying to help me type and has discovered himself. He thinks he's big stuff and I find myself laughing right out loud watching him. He'll be here another 4 weeks then hopefully be adopted right away. You and DH have done a beautiful job on your room and you are an inspiration to us all. Keep up the good work to finish the rest of your fabric. How many large sheets would you estimate you have/will use to finish? Thanks for all the help and info. Take care.
Wendy B