Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4

Thread: Photos of the completed Bargello are on page 5 Who else is making Swish Bargello from Danmar's pattern?

I thoroughly enjoyed watching the process of making this quilt! I've wanted to do a Bargello for a long time, but have never worked up the courage to do it. I'll have to rethink this after seeing yours. Thanks for sharing this with the board.
    This quilt is STUNNING!!!

You quilt is beautiful! I can't believe the movement it creates. Great illusion. I've wanted to make a bargello for so long, I'm ordering the pattern and going to make one. I can't wait!! Thanks for the inspiration. :D

Absolutely awesome :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    you make me want to start one

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by rdupuis
    you make me want to start one
    Do so :thumbup: . Would love to have you start a post and show us your daily progress photos. You seem to keep your work very organized. I would learn from you. :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Marilyn & Dorothy : thank you for jigggling my inspiration button to get back to working on my version of 'Swish'. Your's are absolutely awesome. Jinnie :thumbup:

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sewze
    Marilyn & Dorothy : thank you for jigggling my inspiration button to get back to working on my version of 'Swish'. Your's are absolutely awesome. Jinnie :thumbup:
    I am anxious to see it. I am on my way to check your post in case I missed your work in progress photos. :arrow:

Banned
    Wow, that is amazing! One day I am going to have to try one of those! Great job!

Blog Entries
    Thank you. It was awesome making it! Join us, make one.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by dsb38327
    All credits go to Danmar for designing and creating Swish. http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-45289-1.htm
    I am making my Swish Bargello from her pattern. I want you to see it finished too but I just have to show you what this pattern is creating for me! I think I could name it the
    'Dizzy' Swish Bargello. It has ripples everywhere! The fabric is flat on the floor in each of these photos. I will show it again when I have it finished. /Thank you for looking.
    Very nice and tidy job! Thank you!

spa
    How do you finish the ends where the blocks and 1/2 blocks are uneven -- apply borders? Your work is beautiful so far!

It is simply beautiful! Love the colours!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spa
    How do you finish the ends where the blocks and 1/2 blocks are uneven -- apply borders? Your work is beautiful so far!
    Thank you for the compliments, the completed quilt is on page 5.
    Olga posted hers today. It is wonderful! http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-86678-1.htm.
    Yes when I had columns #1 through #54 sewn to each other I used the scissors and evened the top blocks and also the bottom blocks. Then I put my sash on.

Blog Entries
    I experienced the same feelings of joy and happiness. I could not eat and drink. I kept thinking about my work. I sewed two weeks. I did not want to quickly finish my happiness. I have changed the course of work and this led to some difficulties. Be sure to follow instructions Marilyn. And you get an indescribable pleasure. I dream about new projects. I'm so happy that I could do it. Thank you all for your support. I love the American quilt. Marilyn and Doroty, I am very grateful to you. "

I purchased danmar's Swish Pattern and I am a beginner quilter and found it to be extremely easy not complicated at all. Just folLow the step by step instructions as you would any pattern. And I was taught in school to read through any intruction thoroughly before assembling just like making clothes you can't attach the collar to a cuff without attaching the back,fronts and sleeve. It is just a step process if you make an error like anything you rip out we all have. Note read ,do, and above all if you have a question contact the source not anyone else as everyone interpets things differently. Hence don't shoot the messenger just shoot yourself as you, made the error of not reading thoroughly. Note just my opinion please purchase over 100 people can't be wrong. I suggest buying it and don't change a thing it works!!!!

Did you do the decorative stitching on EVERY seam? It's beautiful but I just can't imagine how long that must have taken!

Also the right color choice can either be wonderful or disappointing. Choose wisely, or buy a color chart.

I love the movement in your bargello.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by UglyCook
    Did you do the decorative stitching on EVERY seam? It's beautiful but I just can't imagine how long that must have taken!
    Yes, I did and I matched the thread color to the fabric color. It did take a long time but I feel the quilt deserved it and feel like it was well worth it. Thank you.

This is so gorgeous!!!
    Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by Barb_MO
    I didn't know about the rule of bargellos (not to use a fabric twice).
    Where are the rules for makiing bargellos given?

I ordered her pattern and am itching to finish up my charity quilts so I can attempt something neat like this...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 3 4