Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pics of some very special Embroidery >

Pics of some very special Embroidery

Pics of some very special Embroidery

Old 03-24-2009, 11:57 AM

Such a thing of beauty!! Thanks for the update, you are all such talented folks!! I just love seeing what your group creates!!
Old 03-24-2009, 11:59 AM

For all those who wondered if there was a book that showed how to do this, today I asked Helen and she said she didnīt know of one.

I asked if she had any training and she said she was self taught having been an artist, the way she described it is instead of paint she used thread.

So there you go. There may well be books out there. However she did add if you all wanted to club together and pay her fare she will come over and teach you all :D :D

Elle
Old 03-25-2009, 05:36 AM

wonderful artist with a sense of humor! Maybe they'll have a book someday.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
OMG

Now I'll pick my jaw up off the floor..that is just amazing!! I'd love to spend time just sitting and watching her work. Beautiful, just beautiful....be sure to tell her Elle.
omgooooodness, just love your smileys...had to stare, "what is that? then the jaw drawed...i just cackled :lol:

Elle, thinking this lady's work is gonna be in a museum one day. wow, she is one talented lady for sure. Does she look at pictures, before drawing? I can do still lifes and have thought of embroidering my own, think that would be so neat, but I would have to have a picture for the colors. I am just too busy to get a roundtuit!!! amazing(drooling smiley here :wink: )
Old 03-25-2009, 07:17 AM
Power Poster

...there I go again. brain on the fritz...dropped, not drawed...very visual thinker, my excuse, lol!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:04 AM

She does beautiful work! The Japanese use silk embroidery thread for their beautiful creations. It appears she uses a similiar technique as the Japanese. Check out the link below and don't miss the store for access to supplies and books on the craft.

http://www.japaneseembroidery.com/
Old 03-25-2009, 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by lfw045
She does beautiful work! The Japanese use silk embroidery thread for their beautiful creations. It appears she uses a similiar technique as the Japanese. Check out the link below and don't miss the store for access to supplies and books on the craft.

http://www.japaneseembroidery.com/
Thanks for the site. Helen was going to have a look at all your wonderful comments she was very happy when I told her. I will give her this site in case she misses it.

Elle
Old 03-25-2009, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
Originally Posted by sandpat
OMG

Now I'll pick my jaw up off the floor..that is just amazing!! I'd love to spend time just sitting and watching her work. Beautiful, just beautiful....be sure to tell her Elle.
omgooooodness, just love your smileys...had to stare, "what is that? then the jaw drawed...i just cackled :lol:

Elle, thinking this lady's work is gonna be in a museum one day. wow, she is one talented lady for sure. Does she look at pictures, before drawing? I can do still lifes and have thought of embroidering my own, think that would be so neat, but I would have to have a picture for the colors. I am just too busy to get a roundtuit!!! amazing(drooling smiley here :wink: )
I think you could well be correct there. I just wish you could see them up close and personal
Old 03-25-2009, 09:57 AM

Wow, I hope she has Grandchildren who will appreciate all of her hard, wonderful work. Very inspiring!
Old 03-25-2009, 10:10 AM
Power Poster

Helen has to be the most talented crewel embrodery artist that I have ever seen too. The stitches have so much depth they are almost lifelike.

Way to go helen, self taught even ... Umm umm umm .... can you believe that!