Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pieced Hexagons >

Pieced Hexagons

Pieced Hexagons

Old 11-11-2014, 10:16 PM

Wonderful hexagon blocks and great fabric choices.
Old 11-12-2014, 12:06 AM

Wow those are all wonderful!!
Old 11-12-2014, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Tartan View Post
I think Bonnie a Hunter and her friend did a joint project last year. Her friend has a book on making pieced hexagons I think her name was Mickey Dupre.
Yes, I have her books and also her hexie templates...they are fun to do too..hopefully she will present at our guild this spring.....the difference with hers...she pieces each hexie, then sews them together. As opposed to just different colors for each shape making the design...but either way is a great way to play.......
Old 11-12-2014, 04:50 AM

Originally Posted by Monale View Post
I got the idea from inklingo: http://inklingo.com/shop/hexagons/5/...-templates/151
However, instead of buying the pattern I figured I could easily draw them up myself...
The hexagons are 12 inches. I'm sure they could be machine pieced, however, as I don't have a sewing machine I am hand-piecing.
Hmm, inklingo looks fascinating.....does it really work better than EPP? I am so afraid to jam up a printer, than have to buy another...plus ink is so expensive...isn't it cheaper to order from precut source? Rather than print out? Just thinking out loud .....let me know ....
Monale---- do you choose not to have a sewing machine...hope I am not being nosy......your handwork is great, so I know you could do great things with a SM......
Old 11-12-2014, 04:52 AM

Those are really innovative designs! You pack a lot of piecing into each block. They are marvelous!
Old 11-12-2014, 05:21 AM

I love them all. you sure are thinking outside the hexagon.
Old 11-12-2014, 05:29 AM

Smile

Originally Posted by Geri B View Post
Hmm, inklingo looks fascinating.....does it really work better than EPP? I am so afraid to jam up a printer, than have to buy another...plus ink is so expensive...isn't it cheaper to order from precut source? Rather than print out? Just thinking out loud .....let me know ....
Monale---- do you choose not to have a sewing machine...hope I am not being nosy......your handwork is great, so I know you could do great things with a SM......
I'm actually not really using inklingo. Too afraid to jam up my poor printer, too, I guess! I've just seen the designs on their webpage and made my own plastic templates.

I'm a bit undecided about getting a sewing machine... I'd love to have one, specifically: a vintage Bernina 830 (that's my mom's machine on which I learned sewing as a kid/teenager). However, it is currently not very practical for me to have my own sewing machine as I'm a bid of a "nomad" and a sewing machine is just a very heavy item to move... And it needs space to set up... Plus I'm not so sure if I could get a decent machine for my budget here (definitely no vintage Berninas around).

But whenever I am near my mom, her machine "comes on holiday" to me. She says it's going to be mine one day anyway, but I hope that day is still a VERY long time in the future!
Old 11-12-2014, 05:37 AM

Wow! I love your blocks!! Hexies are a favorite of mine.
Old 11-12-2014, 07:48 AM

Really like your Blocks... New Look for our quilts. Thanks for sharing with us.
Old 11-13-2014, 06:08 AM

Beautiful and very very clever