Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Pixel Portrait Update >

Pixel Portrait Update

Pixel Portrait Update

Old 02-18-2022, 06:16 AM

Very emotional story, thank you for sharing it with us. Question I have is did you use some sort of program to get this pixalation correctly placed as it's an awesome project? How long did it take you to design it and then put it together? Just curious.

Again stunning job!
Old 02-18-2022, 07:22 AM

You are not only a quilter, but an artist as well, selecting all the proper shading colors. Did you use Kona? They have so many solid shades. As stated in your previous post, this quilt is amazing and I'm so glad your sisters documented the grand reveal.
I, too, hate shipping items and anxiously watch the tracking. The last quilt I mailed from Illinois, went to Cuba before it finally made it to Connecticut in about a week??? My DH has an etsy shop and in seven years none have gotten lost, but a half dozen have been damaged and one sat in a warehouse for over 5 months. Ugh. The USPS's new policy on retrieving compensation is useless so he doesn't even bother anymore and just writes it off as a loss.
Old 02-18-2022, 07:31 AM

Your quilt and your continued story brings tears to my eyes. What a precious gift you made your mom and a quilt that can be handed down from one generation to another with the story. Please write down this journey for everyone that will ever hold it. Thank you for letting us all be a part of this Story.
Old 02-18-2022, 08:16 AM

What a beautiful quilt and an amazing love story.
Old 02-19-2022, 09:23 AM
Dkm

Mum is a lucky women. Handsome husband and wonderful daughters. Family love can be felt no matter where we are. Wonderful job. Looking forward to your next project.
Old 02-19-2022, 01:51 PM
Power Poster

Your Mum is a very nice looking Lady and looks so pleased with your gift. Bless your Sisters for taking the picture and telling you how she reacted. You need to write down everything on both of your post to be kept with the quilt.
Old 02-26-2022, 04:57 PM

STUNNING! I couldn't imagine tackling something like that