Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Please Help Me Name This Quilt >

Please Help Me Name This Quilt

Please Help Me Name This Quilt

Old 02-18-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
Hello,

I met a lovely, caring, and giving woman on this board, and we have been personally emailing back and forth since around September, 2010. We live in different states, and have never met in person, but I feel as if she is as dear a friend as anyone I have known for years. Recently I told her I had played the accordion for 55 years and it still soothes my soul. My dad, who passed away in 1994 from cancer, absolutely loved to listen to me play - particularly Amazing Grace. He would have been 85 on Feb. 8th. On that day, I received a letter in the mail from my dear friend (who did not know my dad's birthday, by the way), and inside was a pattern designed by Marureen Erhardt called Accordion Impression. It brought tears to my eyes, and to think it arrived on my dad's birthday was even more special, since that day is always particularly sad for me. It inspired me to get out my real accordion and play his favorites, and I did so for 2 hours straight. A special gift from a special lady. I cannot figure out a name -perhaps Amazing Grace, unless anyone can come up with something truly unique. Here's a photo of the quilt I made up yesterday using stash and a couple of new red fabrics (the accordion and clef are not secured yet - trying out different positions first). Also a photo of my real accordion given to me by my grandparents for my 8th Christmas, and I will never part with it. Thanks for reading my story.
IMO, you have to call it AMAZING GRACE!
Old 02-18-2011, 10:16 PM

How about "Dad's Amazing Grace"?
Old 02-18-2011, 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by SharonAnne
Hello,

I met a lovely, caring, and giving woman on this board, and we have been personally emailing back and forth since around September, 2010. We live in different states, and have never met in person, but I feel as if she is as dear a friend as anyone I have known for years. Recently I told her I had played the accordion for 55 years and it still soothes my soul. My dad, who passed away in 1994 from cancer, absolutely loved to listen to me play - particularly Amazing Grace. He would have been 85 on Feb. 8th. On that day, I received a letter in the mail from my dear friend (who did not know my dad's birthday, by the way), and inside was a pattern designed by Marureen Erhardt called Accordion Impression. It brought tears to my eyes, and to think it arrived on my dad's birthday was even more special, since that day is always particularly sad for me. It inspired me to get out my real accordion and play his favorites, and I did so for 2 hours straight. A special gift from a special lady. I cannot figure out a name -perhaps Amazing Grace, unless anyone can come up with something truly unique. Here's a photo of the quilt I made up yesterday using stash and a couple of new red fabrics (the accordion and clef are not secured yet - trying out different positions first). Also a photo of my real accordion given to me by my grandparents for my 8th Christmas, and I will never part with it. Thanks for reading my story.
Sharon I just read your beautiful post and saw the Amazing Quilt. I have a perfect name for your quilt I think. " Grace is- God's Riches At Christ's Expense" Our minister is always giving us this definition of the word Grace when he uses Grace in his sermons. I think this would be so appropriate since you played Amazing Grace on your accordion and thought of the name Amazing Grace. Just my thoughts. Beautiful quilt and I know for a special lady.
Sorry for your loss. I know how hard it is to lose parents both of mine are gone now. My youngest niece played Amazing Grace on her Violin at my Dad's funeral in 2004, because she always played it for him when she practiced, Daddy lived with her and her dad (my brother) the last four years of of his life. Mother passed away in 1990/
Old 02-18-2011, 11:06 PM
QM
Power Poster

What a story of love and friendship. Thank you for sharing it, as well as the beautiful quilt. I might call it, "Memories of Playing for Dad.". I might even add a picture or 2, on one side or the other.
Old 02-18-2011, 11:36 PM

"Notes of Friendship". The quilt is beautiful, so unique. Thank you for sharing such a touching story. It gladdens the heart.
Old 02-19-2011, 12:30 AM

"Daddy's love"
Old 02-19-2011, 12:34 AM

"Pure Love". Both for your father and you acordian.
Old 02-19-2011, 01:46 AM

I, too, think that Amazing Grace is the perfect name for your quilt! And I love it that you play accordion! My DFIL plays accordion too--he is 91 years old, and plays for the "old folks" at a local nursing home. Most of them are younger than he is.
Old 02-19-2011, 03:24 AM

(small laugh)..Don't ask me Sharon...I named one of my quilts "Da Big Bast*rd" after It took my cousin and I both to wrestle it and the machine to get it quilted lol

That Is an absolutely gorgeous quilt!
Old 02-19-2011, 07:55 AM

Originally Posted by ArtisticDesign
(small laugh)..Don't ask me Sharon...I named one of my quilts "Da Big Bast*rd" after It took my cousin and I both to wrestle it and the machine to get it quilted lol

That Is an absolutely gorgeous quilt!
Thank you for your comments about my quilt. AND, best of all, your post gave me a big smile to start my weekend. Love the name of your quilt - quite creative!!!

:lol: Sharon