Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket tissue cases

:-D :-D :-D :-D An old bag can have some of these made in 10 minutes. I do have an in the hoop one, but cannot write them to the card as my ultmiate box quilt working. These will do just fine. Maybe tomorrow I will try some with zippers. THey'd make great stocking stuffers. Enjoy, Huggies,

Picutre is dark and fuzzy for some reasom, but these are so easy to make
    Name:  Attachment-100082.jpe
Views: 191
Size:  30.1 KB

np3
    Blog Entries
    Nice!

Blog Entries
    Can I be on your Christmas list?

Fox
    Can you share the instructions with us?

Senior Member CompulsiveQuilter's Avatar
    yes, please share instructions. I've seen tutorials, but not with binding like yours. They're wonderful!

Blog Entries
    Cute! How did you do that without the Hoop patter????

I have the in the hoop version of this too. I made my SILS each one so they had tissues on the day we got maried. LOL. They came in handy!

great idea :!:

I made about 60 in one day two years ago - these are definitely going with me to the Green Market in two weeks!

Quote Originally Posted by Bobbinchick
    :-D :-D :-D :-D An old bag can have some of these made in 10 minutes. I do have an in the hoop one, but cannot write them to the card as my ultmiate box quilt working. These will do just fine. Maybe tomorrow I will try some with zippers. THey'd make great stocking stuffers. Enjoy, Huggies,
    LOL..I love the tissue holders..but what I love the most is a mistake I catch myself doing..I have quilt on my mind so much I can't type "quit" either without slipping that "l" in there lol..cute!!

Blog Entries
    Those are great. I found a pattern for some, but I like the look of yours much better.

Cute. Great job.

yes lets get a tut on this one

I did not use binding at all Would you beleive it??? Ok you will need two pieces of fabric. The outside piece is 6 1/2" x 5 3/4" The inside piece is 7 3/4" x 5 3/4" Now pin the two pieces together right sides together, they are not going to match as one piece will a little bit longer than the other piece. That's the way it is supposed to be, this is the magic of it. Ok sew the short ends matching the raw edges and then center the outside piece and then press it.Now turn it right sode out. Now fold in the short ends that were just sewn and pressed to the center on the inside piece. It will be the largest piece of fabric and pin. Now sew the the open ends on each side and then you can turn them right side out and you will have a nice tissue case and the magic of the larger piece will look like a binding on it. Enjoy, Huggies, Fay

Love them. I have been wanting to make up a few. Thanks for sharing.

These are really cute, thanks for the instructions!

Great idea! Thanks for sharing it!

I did not use binding at all Would you beleive it??? Ok you will need two pieces of fabric. The outside piece is 6 1/2" x 5 3/4" The inside piece is 7 3/4" x 5 3/4" Now pin the two pieces together right sides together, they are not going to match as one piece will a little bit longer than the other piece. That's the way it is supposed to be, this is the magic of it. Ok sew the short ends matching the raw edges and then center the outside piece and then press it.Now turn it right sode out. Now fold in the short ends that were just sewn and pressed to the center on the inside piece. It will be the largest piece of fabric and pin. Now sew the the open ends on each side and then you can turn them right side out and you will have a nice tissue case and the magic of the larger piece will look like a binding on it. Enjoy, Huggies, Fay
    Ok, I am not quite following this. :roll: When you say pin the fabrics together, do I center them so that there will be some of the longer piece showing on both ends, or just on one end? Maybe you could show pics of the different steps, if it wouldn't be too much trouble? That would be a big help.

Blog Entries
    I love these! They're perfect to have my DGD practice on while learning to sew.
    Thank you for the tute!

But unfortunately I need a little clarification, please.
    when you say "...sew the short ends matching the raw edges and then center the outside piece and then press it."
    I'm not sure what you mean by "center the outside piece".
    I guess I'm having trouble visualizing it.
    Sorry.
    I don't want to make extra work for you, but I'd love to see pix to go with the written directions. :D

I'll d oa few pictures after a bit. Take care, Huggies, Fay

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
    Thank you for the tute!

when you say "...sew the short ends matching the raw edges and then center the outside piece and then press it."
    Sorry.
    I don't want to make extra work for you, but I'd love to see pix to go with the written directions. :D

Ok here is my tute. You weill need two pieces of fabrics. Outside pieces is 6 1/2" x 5 3/4" and the Inside is 7 3/4" x 5 3/4" Step 2. Place the two fabrics together right sides sides together and pin and sew the short ends. Inside fabric will be longer than the outside piece will be. Step 3. Press the seams and then turn it right side out and press centering the outside piece. Step 4. Fold in the sewn edges to the center and pin and sew the new short ends. Step 5. Turn it right side out and press again and place the tissue inside and you are done! Enjoy. I'll put the steps on the caption of the pictures and sorry they do not do them justice, but you'll get the idea. Huggies, Fay

Step 1 Fabrics
    Name:  Attachment-101594.jpe
Views: 36
Size:  31.0 KB

Step 2 pin and sew the short ends
    Name:  Attachment-101595.jpe
Views: 39
Size:  28.4 KB

Press seams and turn right side out and press centering the outside piece
    Name:  Attachment-101596.jpe
Views: 39
Size:  31.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysQuilting
    Thank you for the tute!

Sorry.

Ok here is my tute. You weill need two pieces of fabrics. Outside pieces is 6 1/2" x 5 3/4" and the Inside is 7 3/4" x 5 3/4" Step 2. Place the two fabrics together right sides sides together and pin and sew the short ends. Inside fabric will be longer than the outside piece will be. Step 3. Press the seams and then turn it right side out and press centering the outside piece. Step 4. Fold in the sewn edges to the center and pin and sew the new short ends. Step 5. Turn it right side out and press again and place the tissue inside and you are done! Enjoy. I'll put the steps on the caption of the pictures and sorry they do not do them justice, but you'll get the idea. Huggies, Fay
    Step 4, Fold in the sewn edges to the center and sew the new short ends
    Name:  Attachment-101369.jpe
Views: 21
Size:  32.9 KB

Step 5. turn it right side out and press and place tissue inside and your done! Enjoy
    Name:  Attachment-101371.jpe
Views: 18
Size:  33.9 KB

Great job on the pictures. You should post this in the tutorial section, I think they would make great stocking stuffers.

Blog Entries
    Now I get it!
    Thanks so much for the pics! :thumbup:

Your all welcome maybe a mod can move this to the tute section. I'm tired and the ol' ticker isn't feeling too good this a.m. So I'll go lie down for a spell, Huggies, Fay

Thanks Fay! I'm now running to my machine to try this! They are so cute. I really appreciate the time you took to do this tute! :lol: :lol:

Page 1 of 4 1 2 ... LastLast