Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 28

Thread: Preemie Quilt Top - (added another one on pg 2)

  1. #1
    kinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    164
    Another member here (Andi), told me about some of the charity work her quilting group does. One of the things they do is making preemie quilts for the babies in NICU. I figured that it would be good practice to make one.

    I found the pattern online, it was very easy but it took me several hours to complete it. I'll finish it once I can get some batting on sale.

    Preemie Quilt Top
    Name:  Attachment-14902.jpe
Views: 60
Size:  43.8 KB

  2. #2
    Super Member isnthatodd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Garland, TX
    Posts
    1,957
    It looks very comforting. What are the dimensions?

  3. #3
    kinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    164
    36x36

  4. #4
    Super Member Celeste's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    N. Ca
    Posts
    4,507
    Blog Entries
    32
    Very pretty! This is sure to comfort baby and family.

  5. #5
    Super Member gcathie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Southeast, Ohio
    Posts
    3,270
    kinkajou....this is sure cute....

  6. #6
    bj
    bj is offline
    Super Member bj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Ft. Worth, Texas
    Posts
    3,562
    Very sweet!

  7. #7
    Power Poster sewnsewer2's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    16,682
    How pretty!

  8. #8
    Super Member sewsewquilter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Florida Keys
    Posts
    2,170
    It's lovely.

  9. #9
    Super Member jbsstrawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    3,326
    Very cute!! You did a great job and I love the soft colors!!

  10. #10
    Senior Member k_jupiter's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Bay area CA
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by kinkajou
    Another member here (Andi), told me about some of the charity work her quilting group does. One of the things they do is making preemie quilts for the babies in NICU. I figured that it would be good practice to make one.

    I found the pattern online, it was very easy but it took me several hours to complete it. I'll finish it once I can get some batting on sale.

    Hey you, can I send you some batting? PM me.

    You go gettum girl.

    tim in san jose

  11. #11
    Super Member Quilt4u's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Merrimac, MA
    Posts
    9,035
    Blog Entries
    1
    Just love it and I'm sure the family that gets it will too.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Port Angeles, WA
    Posts
    12,753
    that sure is pretty. mom and baby will surely love it.

  13. #13
    Power Poster sandpat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    18,757
    Blog Entries
    9
    Very pretty top. If you still need batting, let me know. I love to donate quilts to the kids.

  14. #14
    kinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by k_jupiter
    Quote Originally Posted by kinkajou
    Another member here (Andi), told me about some of the charity work her quilting group does. One of the things they do is making preemie quilts for the babies in NICU. I figured that it would be good practice to make one.

    I found the pattern online, it was very easy but it took me several hours to complete it. I'll finish it once I can get some batting on sale.

    Hey you, can I send you some batting? PM me.

    You go gettum girl.

    tim in san jose
    Thanks, Tim in San Jose and Sandpat!

    Thanks to everyone else for their reply.

  15. #15
    Flystitch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    Sunbury-on-Thames, England
    Posts
    3
    I belong to a group that makes for our local preemie unit. We make 16 x 20 for the incubators and 36 x 38 for covers to help keep the light out.

  16. #16
    kinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    164
    I finished another today. The white fabric has little green hopping frogs all over it. The green fabric is a lot brighter, but for some reason it looks so dull in this photo.
    Attached Images Attached Images

  17. #17
    Super Member Chele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Belle Isle, Florida
    Posts
    6,737
    That one is precious too! You're having too much fun! Make more!

  18. #18
    Super Member jbsstrawberry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Central Illinois
    Posts
    3,326
    Ohh that one is adorable too!!! Such special gifts for teeny tiney people. You're gonna make a lot of new mommies get a little teary eyed, but in a happy way!

  19. #19
    community benefactor Knot Sew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    5,723
    Very nice job :D

  20. #20
    mgshaw's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    Oklahoma
    Posts
    3,079
    Very cute quilts!!! This is a wonderful thing you are doing :thumbup: :thumbup:

  21. #21
    kinkajou's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, BC
    Posts
    164
    Quote Originally Posted by Chele
    That one is precious too! You're having too much fun! Make more!
    Thanks, I've already started on a 3rd.

  22. #22
    Junior Member dkbeck's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Location
    new hampton, ia
    Posts
    178
    i like the pattern on the second one. looks like fun material.

  23. #23
    Andi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New Westminster, BC, Canada
    Posts
    132
    kinkajou......wow, that is beautiful! I love purple! I like that pattern too, it is clean and simple.
    andi

  24. #24
    PamH's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    1,459
    Both are very cute, my fav is the purple. That is a very nice thing you are doing.

  25. #25
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    9,792
    Blog Entries
    1
    :thumbup:

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.