Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: Prep..

Keeping my accuquilt busy. I've been cutting out shapes with no real plan in mind. Just a little here and a little there. I decided I would use up all my fabric. I think 5 bookcases full and several totes is just a bit on the nutty side. I even went so far as to wrap my fabric up on the boards and make it pretty. I decided that was a waste of time. I have Scrap quilts in my future....LOTS & LOTS I hope! It may take me a while but I am finding lots I forgot I had and remembering some of the dreams I had of quilts when I bought the fabric. Ya know what? I'm having a blast! And knowing that the cutting is done is just plain exciting! And these little boxes I picked up at the Dollar Store take up a lot less room and require very little maintenance & upkeep. =)
    Attached Images Attached Images

Great idea !!!

What a great idea, I just bought an Accu-quilt, but haven't done much with it yet, I'm waiting for a rag die and a round flower die that I ordered, then I'm hoping to make a rag quilt or two. not sure what else I'm going to make right now. But thanks for the ideas.

Where the deer & antilope play and the eagles soar
    Oh you are much too organized for me *L* I can only dream of doing that with my *mess* err I meant stash. You did good..now go make a quilt and enjoy it!!
    crafty_linda_b

I have started to do something similar.
    My stash has just gone too far out of control - It is easier to buy something than look for it.
    I have so many silly bits and pieces. Even got a roll of cash register paper to sew the small bits I can't bear to throw out on.

You are very organized.

Ronna -

I just got a Go baby and am in the process of doing the same thing. It is so much nicer to be organized and takes up a lot less space. Let us know what scrappy ideas you come up with !

Wow. I don't think I will ever be that organized! i throw all my scraps into a basket. and there they stay. the bigger pieces stay folded up. THankfully, I have a small stash.

Power Poster
    Wow! Do you want to come over here and organize me? Love it!

Murray, Ky. Looking for a nice cushy pillow to rest my head on!
    Blog Entries
    I love the way you did that.
    I need to buy those containers too. I have a lot of squares that need to be organized by size.
    Thank you for the idea.

That is neat, what a good idea.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GwenH
    What a great idea, I just bought an Accu-quilt, but haven't done much with it yet, I'm waiting for a rag die and a round flower die that I ordered, then I'm hoping to make a rag quilt or two. not sure what else I'm going to make right now. But thanks for the ideas.
    rag quilts are so easy with the accuquilt. when flannel is on sale I pick up a bunch and then just cut it all and sew the blocks..then when I need a baby gift I go in and pick out the appropriate squares and sew them together and I'm done...so easy..you can also use jean fabric and fleece

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by GwenH
    rag quilts are so easy with the accuquilt. when flannel is on sale I pick up a bunch and then just cut it all and sew the blocks..then when I need a baby gift I go in and pick out the appropriate squares and sew them together and I'm done...so easy..you can also use jean fabric and fleece

Blog Entries
    how smart you are!!!

Blog Entries
    I have been doing the same. Mostly as I am making a quilt. I cut up all of the left overs into different shapes and store. I have been able to quickly wiz up a few quilts and table runners from my bins of cut up fabrics. It also takes up less space and is more organized.

Thanks Judy, I will have to remember your hint. What a great idea, makes sense to have them half done.

rag quilts are so easy with the accuquilt. when flannel is on sale I pick up a bunch and then just cut it all and sew the blocks..then when I need a baby gift I go in and pick out the appropriate squares and sew them together and I'm done...so easy..you can also use jean fabric and fleece[/quote]