Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   "Cottage Grove", AKA "The house that Izy lived in" ( Top is Done, pg 12) (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/%22cottage-grove%22-aka-%22-house-izy-lived-%22-top-done-pg-12-a-t12193.html)

Marcia 10-20-2008 07:06 PM

Ditto--cute, cute, cute!! I love them all. These birds are really cute and I love your touch with the kitty! Have you thought about little tiny buttons or seed beads for door knobs? Just a thought....

mamatobugboo 10-20-2008 07:08 PM

really cute - you have more patience than I do!

mgshaw 10-20-2008 08:27 PM

Originally Posted by Susan in Texas
These are so cute. Where did you find a picket fence?

It is in the clip art in microsoft word. I wasnt real happy with the coloring of it, but there wasnt alot to choose from !!

mgshaw 10-20-2008 08:30 PM

Originally Posted by Marcia
Ditto--cute, cute, cute!! I love them all. These birds are really cute and I love your touch with the kitty! Have you thought about little tiny buttons or seed beads for door knobs? Just a thought....

I did think about using buttons for the birds and other little things, but since the nearest quilt shop is almost an hour away, and Hobby Lobby and Walmart just dont have any cute stuff like that I decided to go with applique. I didnt want to wait until the next time we have a chance to get to OKC. Too impatient :lol: :lol:

CissyQuilts 10-20-2008 08:35 PM

Melissa, I just discovered this thread. Your blocks are fabulous!! I just love the quilt pattern. It makes me wish I could do applique, but this pattern would probably be too difficult for a beginner. :(

Quilt4u 10-21-2008 01:43 AM

Love that one too.

Marcia 10-21-2008 04:35 AM

Originally Posted by CissyQuilts
Melissa, I just discovered this thread. Your blocks are fabulous!! I just love the quilt pattern. It makes me wish I could do applique, but this pattern would probably be too difficult for a beginner. :(

Machine fusible applique is not hard and is actually a lot of fun!! There are just a few tricks to it and then the only thing that holds you back is your imagination (and Melissa has a fabulous imagination!!!) I would recommend starting with a simpler pattern that has less pieces (and bigger pieces) and you will be hooked in no time. Go for it :lol:

I saw your dresden plate machine applique and I would not call you a beginner.

mgshaw 10-21-2008 07:43 AM

What Marcia said!!! And this really doesnt have that much applique. The houses are mostly pieced with just some accents appliqued. You should try it!!!!

chairjogger 10-21-2008 08:02 AM

THis is great ! Where did you get the idea?

CissyQuilts 10-21-2008 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by Marcia

Machine fusible applique is not hard and is actually a lot of fun!! There are just a few tricks to it and then the only thing that holds you back is your imagination (and Melissa has a fabulous imagination!!!) I would recommend starting with a simpler pattern that has less pieces (and bigger pieces) and you will be hooked in no time. Go for it :lol:

I saw your dresden plate machine applique and I would not call you a beginner.

Thanks, Marcia. The dresden block was pretty easy, but the cottages look complicated. I guess I just need to jump in and give it a try. :D