Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   "Starstruck" - a WIP (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/%22starstruck%22-wip-t58227.html)

sewingladydi 08-09-2010 04:41 PM

That quilt is so beautiful and you FMQ is out of this world.
Hope I'm as good as you some day!

Shemjo 08-09-2010 05:04 PM

How lovely and what an inspiration! You are using a domestic machine and getting such spectatular results! Thanks for sharing!

Sheree from Chicago 08-09-2010 06:46 PM

Beautiful quilt! I'm impressed that you can FMQ a king size on a regular machine!

amorerm 08-09-2010 07:29 PM

WOW

Picklelady 08-09-2010 08:38 PM

this is absolutely fabulous! I love stars! Is this pattern from Judy Martin? Or??

thanks for sharing!!

Deecee 08-09-2010 09:33 PM

Wonderful quilt and great FMQ.

Katrine 08-09-2010 09:58 PM

Originally Posted by Picklelady
this is absolutely fabulous! I love stars! Is this pattern from Judy Martin? Or??

thanks for sharing!!

Yes, her "Star Happy Quilts" - see my post page 2.

quiltlady1941 08-09-2010 10:22 PM

Wow! that is a big quilt to do on such a small machine... Your quilting is really pretty you do wonderful work, I love the star pattern and blue is my favorite color.

Ill send you my address so you can send it to me when you done.. LOL

Thanks for sharing...

Butterflyspain 08-09-2010 11:20 PM

I have now come to the conclusion that quilting can be as time consuming and patience sucking as actually making the quilt and that there are a lot of us who donīt like this part, right ?

Katrine 08-10-2010 01:44 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
I have now come to the conclusion that quilting can be as time consuming and patience sucking as actually making the quilt and that there are a lot of us who donīt like this part, right ?

Elle, I look at your Asian fan quilt and am sure I havent got the patience or ability to do that beautiful pp. I keep saying I must try some...

For me quilting is the best part - I had admired free motion work since I started with patchwork 6 yrs ago, and tried on my first machine but could not master it. I had convinced myself I would never do it. Then I got the Janome with fm quilting specifically in mind - and started 18 months ago after a fair bit of practising, with small things, easy fmq and really began to enjoy it. My aim has always been just to free motion without marking so I work around the blocks and shapes on the quilt. What I am doing is easy work if you just look at one block - it just looks more spectacular when spread over a big area.
Dont be intimidated by a big quilt to start with - I did table runners and small hangings first to get some confidence.
I find I'm nervous at the start of a quilt but soon get "into it".

Everyone enjoys a different part of the process - I hate cutting, love the piecing (when it goes well!), and I know lots of people hate doing the binding - which I enjoy because its the last part and the quilt always looks good with its binding on - I even enjoy doing it by hand.

Perhaps I ought to pop down to you for some pp lessons :lol: