Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   "When The Cold Wind Blows" Applique (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/%22when-cold-wind-blows%22-applique-t26000.html)

Marcia 09-27-2009 06:04 AM

Skeat---I love your "jelly roll thing". It is a great way to weed out fabrics that aren't going to work. There is nothing worse than making a quilt then having one fabric that just doesn't play well with others. I will be doing the jelly roll thing from now on.

butterflywing 09-27-2009 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by Skeat
Marcia....I'm use to tossing in everything but the kitchen sink in picking colors...:)Sorry Butterflywing...I didn't see anything that won't kick rear in that pile! Espec for this kind of quilt...but, when in doubt, I do the 'jelly roll' thing....

What's the jelly roll??You stack fabric on the rolled edge (or fold)...stack as many as you can and still roll them like a jelly roll so you see the folded edge....then take that jelly roll outside....if you don't see a color that is going to pop at you immed....or one that sticks out like a sore thumb...then it is a 'go'...:)make sense???One that won't work will just sit and stare at you inthis pile...so, you pull it out right then..It works great!!! And, w/all your color choices Marcia....the colors and patterns bring out a rich texture!! It will look super!! JMHO...>Skeat

xoxoxo

quiltwoman 09-27-2009 06:59 AM

Looks great Skeat! I am glad you are having fun.

littlehud 09-27-2009 07:36 AM

Those are beautiful. I am amazed by your applique. I just can't get the hang of it. Yours is wonderful.

JCL in FL 09-27-2009 09:03 AM

cute cute cute. I want to do one.

Skeat 09-27-2009 09:18 AM

Originally Posted by JCL in FL
cute cute cute. I want to do one.

Come on Judi....we'll talk you thru it!!:)It is very enjoyable...promise!!:)Skeat

Mousie 09-27-2009 12:31 PM

wtg, Skeat!
I love applique...should applique that on some of my stuff!
Nope, no can do, this project...I'm dragging my butt on my BOM now, and a dozen other - have to's...but I will keep checking in on you guys.
go, skeat, go...and marcia and tisha...! :D

quilter1962 09-28-2009 05:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Woooooo hooooooo Skeat

Your blocks are so scrummy ( ask Marcia ) this is one of my favourite words LOL. :P

Love, love, love your blocks to date. Mine are still to be started. I've got as far as washing & pressing all the fabrics & they are all hung up ready to go on clothes hangers. :)
I chose to use the same browns for the urn's but have an assortment of all different reds & blues & creams.
Let me know what you think of the colours together.

January looks good to me Marcia :wink:

quilter1962 09-28-2009 05:28 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Don't ask me why but the last thread didn't attach pic #3 so here it is :roll:

Tisha

sewjoyce 09-28-2009 06:35 AM

Quilter1962 -- the fabrics you have chosen for this quilt are just "SCRUMMY"! :D