Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   “Crazy Quilt” in progress! Please don’t laugh and hurt yourself!!! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/%93crazy-quilt%94-progress-please-don%92t-laugh-hurt-yourself-t18357.html)

mkanderson 05-23-2009 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by Feathers
I love scrappy quilts and yours is wonderful. I LOVE getting scraps from my quilt buddies who HATE scraps and hate scrappy quilts. I feel sorry for them, they are missing so much by not doing a scrappy. I always think each piece of the fabric in a scrappy quilt is so happy to have a use and purpose that it's going to shine as best it can in any setting...Thanks for sharing your quilt with us. It's going to be so comfy and cuddly on a cold winter's night.

Yes I wasn't meaning to "beg" just help people get rid of wehat they didn't want!

mkanderson 05-23-2009 07:30 AM

Originally Posted by signitwright
I would never laugh at that quilt. It is lovely.

Pam W.

Thanks You would if you saw all the edges! LOL I do!!

mkanderson 05-23-2009 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by Butterfli19
Honestly, I never liked scrappy quilts until now. What a great job and I love the fussy-cut idea. I didn't think to do a scrappy crazy quilt. You have given me inspiration! :D

On my part there wasn't any fussy cut except may be the John deer. The rest was already cut (scrps) that way! And it is fun to just "place them"!

mkanderson 05-23-2009 07:32 AM

Originally Posted by basicfun
wow, that is awesome! great idea using a crazy quilt method with a fun and done! I really like it. Great Job.

I really needed something that went together easy as with my knee I can't do much!

jbsstrawberry 05-23-2009 07:42 AM

Ohhh COOL BEANS!!! I think it's awesome!!!

mkanderson 05-23-2009 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by jbsstrawberry
Ohhh COOL BEANS!!! I think it's awesome!!!

thanks!!

LindaR 05-23-2009 08:01 AM

1 Attachment(s)
this is the crazy one I did last fall. Same theory but I did a quilt as you go...fun aren't they?

mkanderson 05-23-2009 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by LindaR
this is the crazy one I did last fall. Same theory but I did a quilt as you go...fun aren't they?

That is so pretty! I like that one! Now that one you cut the pieces with a template right?

mkanderson 05-23-2009 08:18 AM

Now I want to let you know about the update on this Crazy Quilt of mine! I will have to make me another! My cousin Betty is 75 and found out that she has cancer! It is the fast going kind. Liver, pancreas and top of left kidney. I had the quilt 5 blocks down and 4 blocks across. I gave her the quilt and it made her really happy! I had thought about making her one for Christmas anyway! She now has it over her legs when her daughter has the air on.

LindaR 05-23-2009 08:26 AM

Originally Posted by mkanderson

Originally Posted by LindaR

That is so pretty! I like that one! Now that one you cut the pieces with a template right?

that was actual a pattern, stack and slash method....some of the blocks were free hand Thanks