Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   1st quilt I have done since I broke my wrist (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/1st-quilt-i-have-done-since-i-broke-my-wrist-t233155.html)

BrendaK 10-26-2013 12:57 PM

Glad your back. Super quilt and great quilting. BrendaK

trolleystation 10-26-2013 01:37 PM

Great quilt. Love that pattern.

katesnanna 10-26-2013 10:07 PM

Welcome back. I love the quilting pattern and the fact that it doesn't swamp the quilt. It's all lovely.

QM 10-26-2013 10:58 PM

Nice quilt, fine quilting. I can sympathize with your long enforced 'vacation from quilting. I broke mine fending off a druggy attacker. (He got the worst of it.) After over 40 years it still impedes me.

Barbpr 10-28-2013 04:27 AM

Love the fabrics. And the quilting is awesome..

DeMaris 10-29-2013 08:11 PM

The panto is Whirly Gig LG. It flows great and is easy to track!

Originally Posted by #1piecemaker (Post 6366888)
Beautiful!! Love that panto too. What is the name of it?

DeMaris 10-29-2013 08:13 PM

I sure hope so. I broke it a year ago on November 25th so I am hoping it feels better soon. I know the cold hurts it and winter is closing in on us. So I will hunker down and quilt more to give the wrist a workout!!

Originally Posted by DOTTYMO (Post 6367011)
Over the years since I became 40 I have broken both wrists separately and had both in plaster at the same time. Living on my own was a problem at times but I coped. Last year had an operation to remove a bone in the wrist it is now no pain and it doesn't throb at night. After a long time getting back to full mobility has been very time consuming. This site has been very popular.
The problem putting the quilt on the frame was probably the worst part and it just not wanting to move at times. After 6 months of hand sewing my movement is great.

Keep going at the twelve month time to the last operation etc you begin to feel fantastic. Even the pain seems to disappear. Your quilting is great.

DeMaris 10-29-2013 08:16 PM

I think I got it from www.quiltscomplete.com. It is called Whirly Gig LG.

Originally Posted by Shorebird (Post 6369175)
Love the quilting! Is this a design that was purchased? If so, can you share name and where purchased? I think this is so very pretty!!

mpeters1200 10-30-2013 09:55 AM

So glad to see you quilting again. I hand quilt a great deal and I was working on a very important Anniversary Sampler and had to take 6 weeks off when I cut my quilting finger down to the bone and it was out of commission with 20 stitches. This year, I wasn't hand quilting, but I was still wanting to piece and what not and I managed to crush 2 fingers of my quilting hand with a landscaping brick. I had to take quite a hiatus as I couldn't grip my scissors, seam ripper rotary cutter, nothing. That was a few months ago and I'm still working on exercising them. :)