Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2 of my projects..... (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2-my-projects-t35106.html)

Lockeb 01-25-2010 04:33 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Hi Everyone, I just thought I'd share a couple of my quilt tops with you....they were a lot of fun....

The first is my sunflower quilt - I used Maywood fabrics from their Full Sun collection - I love that collection.....and I did a kind of sampler quilt - just making blocks that I liked and putting them together in my own little design..it was a riot to do........this quilt top is about 60 x 80..not just have to find a long arm quilter and this this one completed........

The second one is a 1930's repro. pinwheel block that I received in the birthday block exchange on the Garden Forum - been doing that exchange for the last 3-4 years now - and love it - these are my 2009 blocks that I received....I am so pleased with the way that it turned out - I used 3 other blocks to do a table runner top - and still have a couple left over to put in throw pillows...... This quilt top is about 50 x 70...I am not sure if I should add more borders and make it bigger or should I stop there and make it a throw quilt..what do you all think..I would love your ideas....

I thought that a soft yellow wss what these blocks were asking for to be joined together...I do have a wonderful 1930's repro for the backing - something different.....but now I'm thinking of perhaps a different softer back - nothing too colorful..I haven't decided on that yet.....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]66393[/ATTACH]

All of the prints are from the FULL SUN collection from MAYWOOD.....I love this line.....
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67005[/ATTACH]

Sunflowers were fussy cut for each of the focus squares.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67110[/ATTACH]

This collecton had a large stripe/border print which I cut and turned into my sunflower border.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67926[/ATTACH]

Note: Pinwheel block pattern is from Quilterscache.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]67927[/ATTACH]

sewjoyce 01-25-2010 04:35 PM

That's gorgeous!! Love the color combinations :D

Lockeb 01-25-2010 04:37 PM

Hi Joyce,
Thanks...I had a blast with these...I have a couple of others - will have to take photos of them another time...these are the last couple that I did....
Now working on a smaller project - a wall hanging or dollquilt...
Bill

Lockeb 01-25-2010 04:39 PM

The blue in the photos of the first quilt top are too bright - the actual color of the blue is a more soft blue......not that bright.....

BKinCO 01-25-2010 04:40 PM

Cool! Nice to know that you actually quilt ;)

I love them both!

Lockeb 01-25-2010 04:41 PM

Heh BK.......
Thanks....Yes, Quiting is actually my favourite pasttime - if I could eat fabric - I would... :-) I got all of this love of sewing and quilting for my dear Grandmother, Irene.....I'm the only one in the family that picked up her love of sewing and creativity....

BKinCO 01-25-2010 04:43 PM

Fabric probably doesn't have as many calories as food. Maybe that would be a good new diet!

BKinCO 01-25-2010 04:44 PM

Originally Posted by Lockeb
The blue in the photos of the first quilt top are too bright - the actual color of the blue is a more soft blue......not that bright.....

I think it looks great. You can send it on down to CO.

charmpacksplus 01-25-2010 04:54 PM

They look super! Fabric has lots of fiber, but zero calories. :lol:

Lockeb 01-25-2010 05:02 PM

charmpacksplus and BK....It may be a good thing if I do start with fabric..I've been wanting to diet.... :-)