Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2011 Ugly Scrap Challenge Pictures/Comments (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2011-ugly-scrap-challenge-pictures-comments-t95117.html)

burnsk 02-01-2011 07:43 PM

Will there be one spot to see all the 'uglies' or will we have to scroll through this thread to see them all?

moms_pantry 02-01-2011 07:46 PM

Originally Posted by Jan in VA
Yep, butt ugly, LOL!

But these "muddies" can make other colors more vibrant. Try using them in portions of a block, like this one from the Military Barracks Quilt Project here on the board, shown merely as an example - she didn't use this particular fabric.

Jan in VA

Wow! Lovely quilts from 'ugly' fabrics.

DogHouseMom 02-01-2011 09:13 PM

3 Attachment(s)
I knew exactly what fabric I would choose when this came up, just had to dig it out. Drab olive/army green airplanes bombing a score of landscapes including mountains, lighthouses, cacti, and palm trees - exactly where is that??

The good news is that whoever wins only has to deal with a fat quarter of this ... stuff.

Husband said the airplane might be a spitfire. Spit. Fire. Both sound like good options.

justflyingin 02-02-2011 12:05 AM

Originally Posted by charmpacksplus
Suggestions for ugly fabrics...

4. Sell it on the forum - someone is going to love it!

This is SOO true. I've seen people sell things here and get prices they'd never begin to get on Ebay.

justflyingin 02-02-2011 12:17 AM

Dagny, your paisley is pretty and Doghouse mom, your planes are great--my dh is a pilot and I like it.

But the worst...without a doubt is that one lovingly called "voodoo ladies". It has got to be some of the worst fabric I've ever seen.

If you cut it in 1.5 inch squares, you wouldn't be able to tell what it was. Maybe 1.5" strips and use it in a scrappy. It is truly ugly and scary.

How do we vote?

Much of the ones I've seen, I'd gladly use. The tie die, the random colorful fabrics...I've been given worse. But those voodoo ladies...horrid!!!

carolaug 02-02-2011 04:15 AM

this one is very ugly...

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
Wow PokerDiva...I'm thinking incense and brownies! :shock:

What kind of incense are you burning and what kind of brownies are you eating??? Am I telling how old I am and what I did in my younger days??

I agree with cjomma that those fabrics from Navarre & roda are b..t UGLY fabrics.

Carrie(cjommoma), I LOVE your fabric!! Take it out of the contest and send it my way(or hang onto it, I'll be back in KY. in April). Surely you can come up with something else to put in the challenge.

LindaB, I want those shopping bags! I LOVE them ALL of them!!

It seems like everyone is saying that they got their fabric in a grabbag. Well mine came from a grouping of fatqtrs.(blues) and that's my story and I'm sticking to it. I had several picked out, but as I was going thru them again I found repeats in other groupings so thought I might possibly use them(since I'd have 1/2 yd. of matching fabric). If not then I can save them for the next Ugly fabric challenge, lol!!!

neayact 02-02-2011 04:47 AM

So much fun to look at what someone thinks is ugly. There were are few I thought...that's not to bad, but I agree those voodoo ladies are scary! I didn't get in on this one, but it makes me think..what's in my stash?

cjomomma 02-02-2011 04:57 AM

Doghousemom that fabric would be great in an I-spy quilt. My little man would love it.

raggedyann 02-02-2011 09:30 AM

have to say i am loving some of this fabric!!!!

don't vote yet! i have a pretty ugly fabric i was saving just for this! need to take some pictures.... want to make sure you can all appreciate the full beauty of it!

DogHouseMom 02-02-2011 11:17 AM

So far I'm pretty torn between the Green Elvi and the scary Voodoo ladies. Tough choices.