Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2011 Ugly Scrap Challenge Pictures/Comments (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2011-ugly-scrap-challenge-pictures-comments-t95117.html)

kateyb 01-30-2011 05:20 AM

Originally Posted by Vanuatu Jill

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2

OK, after DH and DS voting out of 5 really UGLY fabrics, this one came out on top. I took two pics trying to get the color somewhat accurate, one with a flash and one on manual. It is the same fabric! No matter how I set the camera, it is still UGLY!

No offence, but I agree.

None taken!!!

My youngest son would love that for boxer shorts.

sandyl 01-30-2011 05:25 AM

Originally Posted by Linda B
This is what I did with some ugly fabric that for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I wanted in the first place. Made about a dozen of these reusable shopping bags using that fabric and painter's drop cloth canvas from Harbor Freight. I had a women at the grocery store just the other day practically drooling over them!!

OK, so now your fabric certainly doesn't look ugly. I really like your bags. Great idea.

sewnsewer2 01-30-2011 06:26 AM

Originally Posted by Linda B
This is what I did with some ugly fabric that for the life of me I couldn't figure out why I wanted in the first place. Made about a dozen of these reusable shopping bags using that fabric and painter's drop cloth canvas from Harbor Freight. I had a women at the grocery store just the other day practically drooling over them!!

I like the way you used your uglies! They are pretty now~ :-D

cjomomma 01-30-2011 06:57 AM

OK, after DH and DS voting out of 5 really UGLY fabrics, this one came out on top. I took two pics trying to get the color somewhat accurate, one with a flash and one on manual. It is the same fabric! No matter how I set the camera, it is still UGLY!

It's ugly!! I wouldn't even want to work with it. Yuck!!

cjomomma 01-30-2011 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by C.Cal Quilt Girl
Could be related to some of what I have :)

Eww!! Though if I found it at a thrift shop I would buy it.

Lucymae 01-30-2011 07:07 AM

Let's call them ugly ducklings....they may turn into beautiful swans!! haha

cjomomma 01-30-2011 08:26 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Here is my ugly. I know once it is combined with other fabric's it will be beautiful. It was given to me but I had told the gifter that I would take ugly fabric because I can make it beautiful.

I wish the colors would have shown better but this is close.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167300[/ATTACH]

close up
[ATTACH=CONFIG]167316[/ATTACH]

Twisted Quilter 01-30-2011 08:52 AM

cjomomma, I hate to say it, but I think I like your piece. I like the color combo. Can't decide if it reminds me of upholstery or drape material from the old days.

Vanuatu Jill...that piece is really awful, but WATCH OUT, NorbanaQuilts is coming!

PokerDiva 01-30-2011 10:23 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is my ugly fabric. I think I bought it on the internet. I think it was an assorted fat quarter pack. If I remember right, they were all ugly. This reminds me of a 60's tyedye T-shirt.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 01-30-2011 10:40 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Good for something just can't decide what.. :)