Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   2011 Ugly Scrap Challenge Pictures/Comments (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/2011-ugly-scrap-challenge-pictures-comments-t95117.html)

pab58 02-12-2011 06:54 PM

Originally Posted by kriscraft99
I finally found my ugly... the colors didn't photograph well (I think they were hurting my camera's brain).. they are fluorescent green, fluorescent orange, light gray, dark gray and black...

here goes :shock:

YIKES!!!! That one needs to go with the Voo-doo Ladies!!! :shock: :shock:

kriscraft99 02-12-2011 07:32 PM

I have been going through my fabrics for a while and couldn't find anything ugly - I love all of my fabrics and can normally think of a perfect project that I can find a way to use them, then today I opened my holiday drawer and poof - it was there - hanging out with snowmen, christmas stockings, reindeer and turkeys.

Originally Posted by dkabasketlady
Nothing like waiting til the last few days before you pull out the Cannibal Eating Skulls fabric out at us. I sure wouldn't have wanted to see this fabric for very long. We've definitely got some UGLY's in this years competition.

C.Cal Quilt Girl 02-12-2011 07:45 PM

if you win the challenge - the twins can be reunited :)

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter

Originally Posted by lauriejo

I finally found my ugly... here goes :shock:

Okay I think we have a new winner! That is . . . I don't know the word for that.

I do, the word is 'disturbing'. :thumbup: I actually have the twin to this piece in orange & white.

Wow !! looks like they have fangs also. :) :-D :shock:

bjnicholson 02-12-2011 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by roda

Originally Posted by Navarre2011
I think this shall be my pick of the ugly stuff!!

I think you need mine to go with yours

OMG You're twins!!!

raggedyann 02-12-2011 08:30 PM

okay! those skulls are NASTY!!! i might not even have to post mine now--that is bad!!! :)

DogHouseMom 02-12-2011 08:40 PM

I need to go back and look at VooDoo Ladies to see if they're smiling now that they've found husbands in Canibal Skulls. The green Elvi can perform the ceremonies .. scarimonies. And I can just picture the bridesmaids dresses!!

SandyinZ4 02-12-2011 08:43 PM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom
I need to go back and look at VooDoo Ladies to see if they're smiling now that they've found husbands in Canibal Skulls. The green Elvi can perform the ceremonies .. scarimonies. And I can just picture the bridesmaids dresses!!

ROFLMAO!!!

bjnicholson 02-12-2011 09:03 PM

Originally Posted by debbieumphress
My ugly fabric, half a yard. What was I thinking???

Maybe you thought you should get more than just a 1/2 yd?

bjnicholson 02-12-2011 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by Twisted Quilter
OH MY GOODNESS...What in the 'H' is this? This is really awful...let's vote!

I've named your piece 'Voodoo Ladies'. It's really bad.

Holy crap! I thought you guys were kidding about the voodoo ladies! It really is BAAAAD!

Sadiemae 02-12-2011 11:30 PM

Originally Posted by chris_quilts
So far, IMHO, it's either the "Voodoo ladies" or the "Cannibal Skulls." I think they'd be in the burn barrel or make them into cat/dog beds and donate to the local animal shelter. I've done that with some of my uglies.

Those would give my poodle nightmares!!!!! Only cute fabrics for my dog beds.