Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   35yo UFO Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/35yo-ufo-quilt-t305267.html)

cathyvv 06-17-2019 07:52 AM

Very pretty quilt. I have a few that show my progression with quilting, as well. Some one will enjoy this one and think it's beautiful once it's complete, so it's good that you plan to finish it.

sewnclog 06-17-2019 08:28 AM

It looks snuggly and someone will love it. I just pulled out one and finished it that had been in a closet for 30+ years. Life, job, kids, etc got in the way. I just finished it a couple weeks ago; dingy and stained by Retro to the rescue. It was my very first official quilt before I knew anything about quilting; fabric; thread, patterns, batting, etc. But I'd make another one. Was I think a flower bouquet and my grandmother helped with the hand quilting - yes it is all hand quilted. Wish I knew how to post a picture from my phone but I don't. So good job for finishing it up.

rosiewell 06-17-2019 11:28 AM

yes, I cleaned up my quilt closet, found my first quilt, so pink!!!

leonf 06-17-2019 11:33 AM

when I saw this thread I read UFO quilt and the previous poster was rosiewell. My mind deleted two vowels and I was expecting to see a Roswell UFO..Kind of a different story. Hope I didn't offend you rosiewell.

Jordan 06-17-2019 12:44 PM

That is great that you brought it out from hiding. It looks very nice and glad you have learned so many new and improved techniques. I have one of those UFO's and you are ahead of me---mine is not finished yet after many, many years.

SillySusan 06-17-2019 04:45 PM

The person who receives it will treasure it and enjoy all its warmth! I'm glad you saved it and let it see the light of day! Good job!

grammasharon 06-18-2019 05:07 AM

Lynnie, I look at all your beautiful creations and then this poor humble attempt and it gives me great encouragement. I now know you started where I am at and I may, in time, progress past the beginner stage. Thank you for showing us.

RuthiesRetreat3 06-18-2019 09:05 AM

I love the puffy look of this quilt. You did a great job Anyone who gets this from you will be very thankful. Beautiful!

Jingle 06-18-2019 02:49 PM

Finish it on up. I think it is beautiful and love the colors. When finished it will look wonderful. Everyone started at the beginning just like everyone else. We have all improved.

Ariannaquilts 06-18-2019 04:23 PM

Sure do have one of those, mine is just from 22 years ago. It was the very first quilt I ever made a simple nine patch with alternating solid block. What I didn't know at the time I was sewing it together was that there was something wrong with the machine so the stitches were as wonky as could be and if you pulled a thread it would fall apart. I have looked at it so many times thinking that I should reinforce the seams and finish it, maybe one day!