Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   4th of July offering......a week late! (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/4th-july-offering-week-late-t194181.html)

Grandma Bonnie 07-10-2012 02:31 PM

I also meant to say I love the black fabric with the red, white and blue stars!

Friday1961 07-10-2012 02:44 PM

Originally Posted by lmc8 (Post 5353499)
Oh yes, I'm quilty of that many time over; and am currently comtemplating doing that to a King size quilt I started to long arm and have arrangements to finish in August.

Somehow this makes me feel better, though I'm sorry about yours! This is just a table topper so not that big, thank goodness. I've spent much of today ripping out quilting and am happy I decided to do it. I may handquilt it since I'm now machine-quilting shy!

Thanks, all, for your comments.

Marilyn

Friday1961 07-10-2012 02:52 PM

Thanks so much! The dark starry print is actually navy blue; I knew the photo was too dark but couldn't seem to get a better one. Funny thing ....or not so funny. I finished the block, before adding borders, and was standing back, admiring my work ;-). Then I took a photo. And that's when I realized I had a blue and white hst where a red and blue hst was supposed to go! I never noticed it until I took the photo. So I had to rip that row loose and replace the square. This thing has been the cause of lots more ripping than I usually do! Or want to!

Helen S 07-10-2012 02:53 PM

This is beautiful! I love the red/white/blue star fabric! It truly looks like the heavens on a starry night. I've never ripped out quilting stitches, so far, and hope I never have to. When I sew something I make sure it will never fall apart! LOL I'm thinking this could be a dangerous way to think when it comes to quilting. =D

Friday1961 07-10-2012 02:56 PM

Thanks! That's a good suggestion. In my first attempt I quilted about a quarter inch from each seam and when it went wrong it really showed. If I decide to re-do it on the machine, a true STID will show less. If I handquilt it, I will also do true STID but might do some cross hatch or something in the red and starry blue borders.

rusty quilter 07-10-2012 04:13 PM

It is so bright and beautiful!

brenda21 07-10-2012 05:13 PM

I love it...just gorgeous...what pattern is it?

Friday1961 07-10-2012 07:42 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21 (Post 5354741)
I love it...just gorgeous...what pattern is it?

Thanks!

The pattern is Labyrinth; I don't know who created it. I like it, too, for it's visual "trick". I may someday make an actual quilt of this pattern using 5 1/2 inch squares and adding borders to get to the size I want.

By the way, I machine quilted this again tonight, after ripping stitches all day. This time I stitched in the ditch, as suggested by a poster here, everything outside the center star, matching thread to each section. The quilting went much better this time and I'm happy with it. Still not quite finished but very little more to do. Then binding. Whew! I'll be glad to be done with this one.

Thanks to everyone here for their comments, compliments and suggestions!

TacoMama 07-10-2012 08:53 PM

It is very pretty. I can't see the quilting. Love the design and the colors!

cathylynn 07-10-2012 09:55 PM

it's pretty as is. good job.