Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block 13 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/affairs-heart-block-13-photos-t120849.html)

sandpat 07-18-2011 05:44 PM

Rox....I think your block is lovely, but I'm thinking that the reason you feel its scrawny is due to the size of that center part. I think Lesley made her pieces larger, then Judy made hers larger too...so those, then Lisa's which is beautiful different...so if you are comparing yours to the ones on this thread..that could be the reason.

BTW...I'm sooo flattered to be included in a list along with Lesley and Kathy, must have been a slip of your fingers..LOL!! But thanks!!

Roxanne 07-18-2011 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Rox....I think your block is lovely, but I'm thinking that the reason you feel its scrawny is due to the size of that center part. I think Lesley made her pieces larger, then Judy made hers larger too...so those, then Lisa's which is beautiful different...so if you are comparing yours to the ones on this thread..that could be the reason.

BTW...I'm sooo flattered to be included in a list along with Lesley and Kathy, must have been a slip of your fingers..LOL!! But thanks!!

No Patti, the whole thing looks small..Lots of open space on this one not just the center.

Mousie 07-18-2011 06:24 PM

Rox, I think this block pattern is um, less endowed than the others.
Maybe, I'll do some extra embroidery around this one, or...something!

pab58, patty,...I'm going to fudge a little on some of the harder blocks.
Not that I couldn't do the tough stuff...if I live looong enough, but I want to save myself some time too!
I'm already behind by quite a bit, and that's ok with me, bc nothing short of the sweet by and by, is going to keep this quilt from being made, but I really want to get on with it.
I have so many fabrics and want to see what I can do with them.
Focus on your colors and placement and don't worry about where you are in your skills.
I did ok on my center circles for #9, then I "took away from them", when I stitched them down with the machine.
Oh well!!! I'm not ripping it out.
I had the red center hand stitched...why didn't I leave it a-loooone?
cuz...we are greedy gusses, and want better, purtier, more perfection...(lesson #1 ala aoth for the mouse...don't be greedy when you have 'good'.) :wink:

pab58 07-22-2011 08:41 AM

"Don' be greedy when you have good."

Mousie, yet another bit of wisdom!! My goodness!!! I never realized that meeces were so very, very wise!! :D :D

I have two more blocks to do in my second row. I need to take pics of the two I finished during this week's power outage. I didn't know how I was going to cope if I didn't have more AOTH blocks to work on!!!!! :lol: :lol: Thank goodness it came back on about an hour after I finished my last prepared block!!! :shock: :shock:

Mousie 07-28-2011 06:24 AM

I can't wait to see. (on dial up, and wee one is up...I'm babysitting, for those that don't know),...will be posting 9+10 soon, and getting faster.
After DD gets back home etc. I shall be busy, busy, busy with aoth! I trudge on...(that's mouse imitating a turtle - talk ;-) )
hugs

Butterflyspain 07-28-2011 06:30 AM

Oh goodie, more blocks to look at.

Had problems with my internet connection but back on line now,.

Elle

sandpat 07-29-2011 05:38 AM

Looking forward to seeing yours Mousie!

Mousie 07-29-2011 05:52 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Looking forward to seeing yours Mousie!

I will say, however it is viewed, my #10 is different than others so far. I'm liking it,...course it's not finished either, lol.
We might as well be friends, though, cause this quilt and I are locked together in time ;-)

sandpat 07-29-2011 04:27 PM

Now, that sounds good Mousie!

lizzy 08-19-2011 03:19 AM

Great Advice! Even though I am using the fuse and machine applique method, this will make it much easier and it looks better.