Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block 14 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/affairs-heart-block-14-photos-t108522.html)

Lacelady 04-06-2011 07:40 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
I love your take on this one Lynnie! That red petal makes it come alive!

Lesley and Elle, I've seen Lynnie make blocks like there is no tomorrow! She is a machine and will far outrun us all! She did the Chicken swap, completed a funky cat quilt, is working on a funky dog quilt and I'm hoping playing in the funky cat swap..and now this quilt. I have no idea what else she is working on...but a MACHINE I tell ya'...just a MACHINE!

Perhaps she doesn't sleep - now that is something I do need every so often.

lynnie k 04-07-2011 06:55 AM

Originally Posted by JudyG
Lynnie, that is beautiful. I really like this piece when it has tons of different fabrics in it. Great job. I'm impressed, you did those little tiny hearts in the center. I wasn't even brave enough to try to embroider those.

Thanks for the nice comments. I used a finer silver thread than the Razzle Dazzle I think that that is to thick and I don't like to work with it. After I bought it so I found a finer thread used for cross stitch that I like better so I could do the smaller hearts. Thanks again for looking :lol:

lynnie k 04-07-2011 07:03 AM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Yes i saw the one where she was having trouble and thought it was perhaps her first attempt so offered some advice, then I click on all the lovelies that she had just posted and made a really beautiful job of them.

Ladies thank for all the nice comments but I am just learning to Applique this is my first Applique' project . I am with DH here in Atlanta Staying in a Hotel and spending my whole day just making these blocks, with no interruptions at all. I brought all my supplies with me so I could learn to make these blocks. All the blocks have been fun. With the exception of that ( Block17 :( :( which I am having a meltdown over. But I am not going to give up I am having fun :thumbup:

lynnie k 04-07-2011 01:15 PM

Yes i saw the one where she was having trouble and thought it was perhaps her first attempt so offered some advice, then I click on all the lovelies that she had just posted and made a really beautiful job of them.

This is my first attempt at applique I am learning from all of you .No problems except for block 17 . I have been watching video of Karen K Buckley she has taught me alot from her video so I am going to try this block again. thanks for all your help :-P

sandpat 04-07-2011 04:19 PM

For your first attempt...you are doing awesome Lynnie! Now I'm embarrassed to say...its NOT my 1st rodeo!! LOL!

candi 04-17-2011 03:13 PM

I really enjoyed working on this block, sorry ladies donīt have my thread yet so will post again when its embroidered. here it is just finished.

Elle, love, love your block and colors. Can't wait to see it embroidered.
Now I am regretting starting the lone star and not just jumping in with the AOTH quilt, grrr....the lone star is hard :shock:

Butterflyspain 04-17-2011 03:14 PM

Thanks Candi, but Lone Stars are beautiful quilts to make too. Look forward to seeing what you have done.

Roxanne 04-17-2011 03:17 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I can't decide which I like better: the solid colors or the multi. This is the 2nd block I made for this one. The first was needle turn and looked HORRIBLE! I was so upset, that I tried one using raw edge machine stitched. I also changed the design in the middle like Patti. I like it this way--to me it looks less cluttered. Tried the little hearts in the middle twice and picked them out
t w i c e.....

Block 14 Raw edge 4/17/11
[ATTACH=CONFIG]185680[/ATTACH]

sandpat 04-17-2011 04:43 PM

Elle....very pretty!! It will look fabulous when you do the embroidery!

Rox...yours looks great done like that! I like it just fine without the teeny hearts.

JudyG 04-17-2011 04:52 PM

Looks great, Rox. I didn't do the little hearts either. Didn't think they were worth all the stress and strain.