Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block 17 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/affairs-heart-block-17-photos-t108527.html)

lynnie k 04-01-2011 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
This one I may try to tackle tonight I think I am going to need a bit of luck

Elle

Well I tried and it doesn't look that good I guess I need to practice more. I hope you have better luck than I am having

Butterflyspain 04-02-2011 12:01 AM

Huh I chickened out, I looked at it and looked at it and then thought nope, try another.

Lacelady 04-02-2011 01:14 AM

There is no shame in leaving this one until later and you have a bit more experience.

Once you have made more leaves and heart shapes, you will have built up some confidence and the scroll won't be so daunting.

Butterflyspain 04-02-2011 01:49 AM

I just didnīt fancy doing it just at that moment, if I put my mind to it I will do it. i never give up

Didnīt find it daunting found it fiddly

sandpat 04-02-2011 05:57 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here is mine. This took me about 12 hours...I'm slow. It is NOT my favorite, I don't think it is really pretty compared to the others, but guess what....its going IN the quilt!

Blcok 17
[ATTACH=CONFIG]178586[/ATTACH]

Butterflyspain 04-02-2011 06:25 AM

I love it Patti, you know what happčned with Jane when you thought you didnīt like the block and it wasnīt going to work. Well you know it did and I think this one will fit in lovely.

Elle

Lacelady 04-02-2011 09:53 AM

I like it Patti - you made a great job of the scrolls - now the rest in the quilt won't be quite so bad.

Are you timing yourself for every block? I haven't.

lynnie k 04-02-2011 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Here is mine. This took me about 12 hours...I'm slow. It is NOT my favorite, I don't think it is really pretty compared to the others, but guess what....its going IN the quilt!

well my block 17 is still a WIP and my scrolls are just not what I think they should be. I have beeen working on this block 3 days and I only have one scroll put on I had to go to the next block before I had a melt down. Well back to the blocks. Maybe I will show block17 when I finally finish it , or maybe not. have fun

Lacelady 04-02-2011 02:37 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie k

well my block 17 is still a WIP and my scrolls are just not what I think they should be. I have beeen working on this block 3 days and I only have one scroll put on I had to go to the next block before I had a melt down. Well back to the blocks. Maybe I will show block17 when I finally finish it , or maybe not. have fun

Oh dear Lynnie, that sounds so sad, I am really sorry you are having such a problem.

I looked for a Youtube video that might help - I couldn't find one the way I do it, but this might be an alternative way:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_Y04...eature=related
It would be the second half of this that you need to watch, and using her method would need quite a few tiny snips in the seam allowance to get nice curves, but it could work quite well.

Mousie 04-02-2011 03:11 PM

:thumbup: I love red. Sometimes what we don't feel all that enthused about by itself, really plays well in groups :XD:
It has serious potential and gets applause from the paws ;)
I have my book and a lot of the fabrics...just got to get a lot more other things lined up, so I won't be working along with y'all, but visiting often to slurp up the goodness. Keep it coming, I could look at these for days, weeks, months...and probably will be looking at mine...let's hope not years! :? :lol: