Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block 19 Photos (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/affairs-heart-block-19-photos-t120851.html)

Fabric Galore 10-30-2011 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Yup, yup, yup......fantastic results! But, also Kathy, you do a great job with your fab selections!

Ditto for me. I love the colors you chose.

QuiltswithConvicts 10-30-2011 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by sandpat
Yup, yup, yup......fantastic results! But, also Kathy, you do a great job with your fab selections!

Thanks, Sis! I needed that! I'm still working on the big hearts for the biggie border & I often doubt myself. I lay them out & think they look blah. I don't have the embroidery done on them yet. Have the applique finished on the 2 longer ones & have started one of the short sides. I know deep in my peabrain that they will look fine when all is together & finished, but right now it's ho-hum.

Edit - RE: colors - remember your colorwheel. I try to use complementary colors or split complementary ones. They play off each other. Also value is important.

Mousie 10-30-2011 05:26 PM

you gotta be kidding...your blocks are great and this one is right up there, K! You sure do get great results. :D

Deecee 10-30-2011 11:01 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Thanks, DeeCee, but it's not me - it's the freezer paper! I have never even wanted to try needleturn as I get such good results with FP. Might be a bit more fiddly than needleturn what with all the prep work involved, but I think the results are worth it. Thanks again.

O.K. - great job you have done Freezer Paper! - but it's a good thing Kathy was there to tell you what to do (and make the colour choices).

:thumbup:

QuiltswithConvicts 10-31-2011 03:35 AM

Originally Posted by Deecee

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Thanks, DeeCee, but it's not me - it's the freezer paper! I have never even wanted to try needleturn as I get such good results with FP. Might be a bit more fiddly than needleturn what with all the prep work involved, but I think the results are worth it. Thanks again.

O.K. - great job you have done Freezer Paper! - but it's a good thing Kathy was there to tell you what to do (and make the colour choices).

:thumbup:

You are so sweet! My ho-hum took a break yesterday & I didn't work on AOTH. I played here for much to long, went to Walmart, talked with DH, you know - other stuff. Got my nose out of my work & into the world around me.

ann clare 11-01-2011 06:17 AM

Losie and Kathy, Beautiful blocks.

Deecee 11-01-2011 09:52 PM

Just posting to see if the pages that are missing for me, come up after I post something.

Mousie 11-03-2011 03:31 AM

same here. trying different things on board to see what is working for me. I'm sure dial up will put it to the test!

crftyldy 07-30-2012 09:39 PM

1 Attachment(s)
I got busy with life, kept stitching but forgot to take pictures along the way. Here is Block 19 that was finished in April![ATTACH=CONFIG]352621[/ATTACH]