Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block #20 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/affairs-heart-block-20-photo-page-t111313.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 04-05-2011 06:52 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Good job you provided the translation Elle - sadly I am totally non bilingual. Wooo Hoo, nearly half way to getting the centre section done, well done.

I don't know about that, Lesley - of course, you speak English very well, but you do a really great job at American, too!!!!!!!! Haha! AND, you are an expert at teaching what we over here across the permanent puddle call "ESL" - English as a Second Language!!!! Our primary language is American. :-) :-) :-)

QuiltswithConvicts 04-05-2011 06:53 PM

Sorry about that - I tried to stop it, but I guess it posted while I was adding the rest of the post. Can't delete.

Lacelady 04-06-2011 07:37 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts

Originally Posted by Lacelady
Good job you provided the translation Elle - sadly I am totally non bilingual. Wooo Hoo, nearly half way to getting the centre section done, well done.

I don't know about that, Lesley - of course, you speak English very well, but you do a really great job at American, too!!!!!!!! Haha! AND, you are an expert at teaching what we over here across the permanent puddle call "ESL" - English as a Second Language!!!! Our primary language is American. :-) :-) :-)

Aaah, but where did you get the American from????? Couldn't have been anything to do with the Mayflower, could it?

Butterflyspain 04-06-2011 08:45 AM

Now this I feel is a tricky question. I know we spell our words different to my American friends, but tell me something, do you have an English Dictionary or an American Dictionary. For instance we spell colour like so while you spell color that way. Inquiring minds want to know

Lacelady 04-06-2011 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Now this I feel is a tricky question. I know we spell our words different to my American friends, but tell me something, do you have an English Dictionary or an American Dictionary. For instance we spell colour like so while you spell color that way. Inquiring minds want to know

Well, my 'puter came with the two options Elle.

Butterflyspain 04-06-2011 01:31 PM

Ha hah so there is an American Dictionary

Lacelady 04-06-2011 02:28 PM

Ha hah so there is an American Dictionary

LOL, of course there is Elle, it's full of words that they don't know how to spell in English. (Apologies, ladies, no offense meant, just teasing.)

QuiltswithConvicts 04-06-2011 03:30 PM

According to "Webster's New World Dictionary of the American Language" College Edition © 1966 - "colour" is the British spelling of "color."

get this - color is definied as "the sensation resulting from stimulation of the retina of the eye by light waves of certain lengths."

sandpat 04-06-2011 03:55 PM

If you think we spell badly now, just wait until this "texting" generation gets a little older...color will then be spelled :culr"...:wink:

QuiltswithConvicts 04-06-2011 04:06 PM

Can you just see us calling a color , "you know that fabric with the 40mm long wave length!!!