Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block #20 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/affairs-heart-block-20-photo-page-t111313.html)

sandpat 04-16-2011 04:33 PM

Oh lordy...it might be...I've noticed that mine is growing....:oops:

QuiltswithConvicts 04-16-2011 05:31 PM

Mine grew up a long time ago! :(

Mousie 04-16-2011 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Ha hah so there is an American Dictionary

LOL, of course there is Elle, it's full of words that they don't know how to spell in English. (Apologies, ladies, no offense meant, just teasing.)

lol! are you saying we fake it, to make it? :lol:

Butterflyspain 04-16-2011 11:24 PM

Originally Posted by Mousie

LOL, of course there is Elle, it's full of words that they don't know how to spell in English. (Apologies, ladies, no offense meant, just teasing.)

It came about because I wondered why you spell things differently, like the word colour, you spell it color. That was it really

QuiltswithConvicts 04-17-2011 04:22 AM

Originally Posted by Mousie

It came about because I wondered why you spell things differently, like the word colour, you spell it color. That was it really

I've always wondered why that is. When we lived in New England, they pronounced words differently - like pahk for PARK & sofer for SOFA. They are frugal -if they drop a letter (R is the biggie) from one word, they keep it & add it to another word!!! Talk about a strange accent. It's worse than a Brooklyn accent.

Maybe they just got lazy & dropped letters that don't affect the pronounciation of the word. You guys also put "er" backwards! You know, like centre & mitre. It's a French holdover, I think. Only the French pronounce it like it is spelled & we pronounce it like it is written. How do you pronounce it?

All that said, I love hearing all the different accents.

Butterflyspain 04-17-2011 05:18 AM

Now that an interesting one. Being scottish if I said centre it would sound like centerrr. heavy on the R. In England the pronounce it more like Centir a bit clipped.i have been told that my vowel sound sound weird as well.

Elle

d.rickman 04-25-2011 09:25 PM

Beautiful - love the colors

Becca Bear 04-25-2011 10:12 PM

Pretty!

Jammin' Jane 04-25-2011 10:31 PM

They are so pretty!

d.rickman 05-07-2011 11:52 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Beautiful Blocks Ladies!! I wonder if I will ever get as good?

Here is my Block 20...

I'm not liking doing the curly pieces!!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]194529[/ATTACH]