Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block #21 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/affairs-heart-block-21-photo-page-t111315.html)

Lacelady 06-29-2011 12:46 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
Follow-up to the bit about the TSA and their roving hands on airplane passengers. The State of Texas is debating legislature about making these pat searches a felony with prison time attached. Some scandal is brewing. TSA is threatening to cause all air flights to & from Texas to be stopped. Dallas & Houston are 2 major metro areas! Could get very intresting as several other states are considering doing the same thing. This has really gotten out of hand. Their searches are legalized groping & molesting.

That does sound a bit excessive Kathy. I recently went to the UK and I did get patted down, but never felt it was that intrusive, in fact I wondered what they would have found if I WAS carrying something, because they hardly seemed to touch me. So really, I suppose its all a question of technique?

On the other hand, I would rather everyone was checked if it meant that my flight was safer. I know that no pilot would take off if he felt there was any kind of problem, because he wants to get home as much as we do.

Roxanne 06-29-2011 11:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My # 21

Mousie 06-29-2011 02:53 PM

roxanne, you sure have been one busy girl, and love this one too! yum yum! :)

sandpat 06-29-2011 04:26 PM

Really like this one with the embroidery done...:)

Fabric Galore 07-09-2011 09:10 AM

Originally Posted by Flossy
Here is my block 21, I enjoyed making this block.

I love your color choices Flossy. In fact, everybody's blocks are so pretty. This is my next block and I've been peeking around the corner to see what everyone else is doing. That's not considered cheating is it?

QuiltnNan 07-09-2011 09:11 AM

pretty

ann clare 07-09-2011 01:36 PM

Roxanne, another beautiful block.

Lacelady 07-09-2011 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore

I love your color choices Flossy. In fact, everybody's blocks are so pretty. This is my next block and I've been peeking around the corner to see what everyone else is doing. That's not considered cheating is it?

Not cheating at all Losie - isn't there something about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery?

Roxanne, lovely use of fabrics.

Mousie 07-09-2011 05:15 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Originally Posted by Fabric Galore

Not cheating at all Losie - isn't there something about imitation being the sincerest form of flattery?

Roxanne, lovely use of fabrics.

well, I freely and proudly admit that I 'study', everybody's colors, bc that is the part that I love, but it doesn't come easily to me.
I agonize over my color choices.
I figure I am learning while enjoying, and let's face it; how many colors are there, anyway?
But...no two ppl will have the same prints etc., so there will not be any two quilts alike, and that is one of the funnest parts of all!

sandpat 07-09-2011 05:23 PM

Losie...not cheating at all...thats why we do this as a group! Makes it more fun doesn't it??