Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Affairs of the Heart - Block #21 Photo Page

Super Member QuiltswithConvicts's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Here is the place to post your photos of Block #21.

Here is mine.
    Attached Images Attached Images

love this ---

These are all so gorgeous. I can't wait to see the whole quilt

another piece of stunning work

Quote Originally Posted by debcavan
    These are all so gorgeous. I can't wait to see the whole quilt
    you could always join us there is still time as the start date is not til june. some have forged ahead to give us pointers along the way.

Blog Entries
    the colors are lovely.

another beautiful block.

Blog Entries
    Love your colour choices Kathy. Here are mine. In reality, the leaves are much greener than the flowers, so I'm not sure why my camera wanted to make them all look so similar.

Blog Entries
    Ooooo!!!

OK, you brought it up. Do you have any idea why the cameras change the color so drastically some times and others, the color is spot on?

I noticed that last night when I was photographing these last 8 blocks. The floor was a really different color on the last one I shot. All were shot in the same 5 minute period, but the floor was more orange than light brown. The block wasn't all that far off, though. You don't see the floor as I'm cropping it off.

I love this one the color is awesome.

I am loving all of these blocks, they are just so pretty

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Ooooo!!!

OK, you brought it up. Do you have any idea why the cameras change the color so drastically some times and others, the color is spot on?

I noticed that last night when I was photographing these last 8 blocks. The floor was a really different color on the last one I shot. All were shot in the same 5 minute period, but the floor was more orange than light brown. The block wasn't all that far off, though. You don't see the floor as I'm cropping it off.
    Not a clue, but it is so irritating. I have really tried not to take pics at night, because in my artificial light they REALLY change, but most of my blocks come out looking quite similar to life, and some are quite off. I always take them in the same place (on the seat of my sofa, the floor is too far away, LOL), so the only other difference might be variation of daylight from cloudy to sunny?

Blog Entries
    Great looking blocks Ladies!

I find the same thing when taking pics. I think a ton of it has to do with the available (or lack of) daylight coming in a window. I do find that I can change the settings on my camera - I tend to use the ones for "floral scenery" to get the most accurate colors. If you use the flash, it is just about guarenteed to be off color.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Great looking blocks Ladies!

I find the same thing when taking pics. I think a ton of it has to do with the available (or lack of) daylight coming in a window. I do find that I can change the settings on my camera - I tend to use the ones for "floral scenery" to get the most accurate colors. If you use the flash, it is just about guarenteed to be off color.
    Ha, I was using the floral setting Patti, cos I find the same thing - I used to have an SLR camera, and never learned how to change the settings on that, what with F stops etc. - they just confused me.

Blog Entries
    here is my block #21. Well some thing is wrong I can't add pic will try later

Thats beautiful too lovely material on the flowers

This is a function of the white balance. On some cameras you can manualy addjust it. Look at the manual for your camera. I have setting on my camera for different types of lighting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lacelady
    Quote Originally Posted by QuiltswithConvicts
    Ooooo!!!

Not a clue, but it is so irritating. I have really tried not to take pics at night, because in my artificial light they REALLY change, but most of my blocks come out looking quite similar to life, and some are quite off. I always take them in the same place (on the seat of my sofa, the floor is too far away, LOL), so the only other difference might be variation of daylight from cloudy to sunny?

Oh by the way i got my Affairs of the Heart Pattern and the back ground material. Now i have to figure out the other materials.

Welcome to the Group if you havenīt already been welcomed, look forward to seeing your blocks

Blog Entries
    lynnie...thats sooo pretty! Great job! I'm in the process of picking fabs for this block now.

This is a really pretty block, doing another at the moment. How many have you made now Patti. So far its 7 plus the one I am nearly finished for me. Canīt believe I have made so many. It wasnīt until today when I was showing the blocks to the ladies at the club. I have just been putting them in a box each time I finished one.

Blog Entries
    Nice block Lynnie I love this one.

Blog Entries
    Elle, I think I'm working on my 9th one. I have to add some more embroidery to one (oops- forgot a bit of it). I cut out the pieces for the next one today. These are fun to do..but it takes me several sittings to get them done. Either I'm a lot slower sewer than you and Lesley...OR...I don't sit as long :lol: :lol: :lol:!!

Quote Originally Posted by sandpat
    Elle, I think I'm working on my 9th one. I have to add some more embroidery to one (oops- forgot a bit of it). I cut out the pieces for the next one today. These are fun to do..but it takes me several sittings to get them done. Either I'm a lot slower sewer than you and Lesley...OR...I don't sit as long :lol: :lol: :lol:!!
    with all you have to take care of i think that you just don't sit as long.

Blog Entries
    Lisa, welcome to the group! This quilt will grow on you very quickly. Tell us, please, what are your plans? original size or enlarged version? Background color? Inquiring minds want to know.

Page 1 of 9 1 2 ... LastLast