Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Affairs of the Heart - Block #29 Photo Page (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/affairs-heart-block-29-photo-page-t111323.html)

QuiltswithConvicts 04-03-2011 04:04 PM

Originally Posted by Lacelady

Originally Posted by Butterflyspain
Thanks for the info, I didnīt have any idea where it come from, thought it might be Cockney rhyming slang.

I still don't understand why a banana equates as someone being silly, so perhaps you are right Elle. I have a little book somewhere on Cockney slang. If I find it, I will look it up. Oh, just had another thought - could it be because people would look daft if they slid on the skin?

Maybe because monkeys eat them, & we think their antics are funny?

We say "nanner, nanner, nanner" in a sing-songy sort of way when we are poking fun at someone (all in jest, of course - not cruel.)

Been cutting out tiny pieces of AOTH & ironing them onto their own block! No sewing this weekend. Bought 3 new quilting magazines - my favorite one, Quilter's Home, Quilting Arts & a new one - Mark Lipinski's Fabric Trends. I'm not sure the magazine is new, but Mark's name associated with it sure is. He was the editor of Quilter' Home Magazine until about a year ago when he sort of vaporized. Now it's being edited by Jake Fitch & Melissa Maher - Melissa is the one who interviewed me for the article last issue on the inmate quilting program. They are 2 really squiffy ladies!!! Melissa, are you lurking??? She does that, you know. That's how she found me.

Butterflyspain 04-03-2011 11:13 PM

LOL LOL nope you canīt say they are squiffy ladies that would imply that they are drunk. I love your translation of it though.

QuiltswithConvicts 04-04-2011 03:24 AM

LOL LOL nope you canīt say they are squiffy ladies that would imply that they are drunk. I love your translation of it though.

Ooops! Still like that word, whatever it means!!!

Butterflyspain 04-04-2011 03:36 AM

:D :D :D

sandpat 04-04-2011 05:30 AM

Sometimes my blocks look like I was "squiffy" when I made them...does that count???:)

Butterflyspain 04-04-2011 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by sandpat

Sometimes my blocks look like I was "squiffy" when I made them...does that count???:)

Yep, now thats squiffy. So far my AOTH havenīt been squiffy yet and that makes a change.

sandpat 04-04-2011 04:10 PM

Well, I'm thinking that this block 20 is going to drive me to get seriously squiffy!

BevF 04-04-2011 09:07 PM

Lovely! Wonderful colors.

Butterflyspain 04-04-2011 11:08 PM

Oh I promise you have a drink before you start. You wonīt notice it so much then LOL

Thanks Bev F. I am loving the batiks. They were given to me as a gift from a lovely lady on this board. I am working from 6" squares of baticks and have loads left had 40 of them all different shades beautiful.

JudyG 04-23-2011 09:37 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Here's my block 29. Don't mind my masking tape. Some of my blocks like to fray, so I wrap them in tape to stop that. Won't remove it til I square them up. Thought these were pretty colors to work with around Easter time. Hope everyone who celebrates has a nice Easter.