Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   After all my hard work (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/after-all-my-hard-work-t17682.html)

kpc 03-15-2009 09:26 AM

I love your quilt it is stunning.

Rhonda 03-15-2009 09:36 AM

Love the quilt! Great colors and beautiful work! Sometimes you have to turn a blind eye to what isn't perfect. Most people will never notice. In one of my hotpads I put a half square block in backwards accidently and didn't see it til after the thing was all done and it sold anyway. Noone but me ever noticed even tho it changed the design! I guess they thought I meant to do that!
I make bookmarks and that border would make a great bookmark or other small project. Thanks for the inspiration.
Looking forward to seeing it when it is done! :D

Butterflyspain 03-15-2009 10:16 AM

That is such a beautiful quilt. I have a little suggestion. Someone in our Sewing Group did this and it was stunning. Cut twice the length of your longest length and gather both sides, draw it up to fit and the put on your border. Continue all the way around piece by piece. Just an idea, might be worth a try.
:D
Elle

RedGarnet222 03-15-2009 10:53 AM

Oh I am sorry this happened. I hope you can take out the stitches without making the bias go wonky on you. This is a very beautiful quilt with tons of work in it. I know you will fix it, and forget it ever happened.

I had a quilt setting out on a bed to make sure I was setting it together right and my brother sat on it. His butt caused some stretching of the bias blocks. I am not fighting with it to get them to lie right. People ...

littlehud 03-15-2009 12:06 PM

There is a post somewhere here about spray starch taming a wavy border. I can't remember who posted it, but I tried it and it really helped.

SulaBug 03-15-2009 12:22 PM

Wavy border or not, it's absolutely beautiful!! :D

nellie 03-15-2009 12:49 PM

i agree with patrice and ruth ,ruth i was thinking the same thing ,draw it on paper frist ,draw it like patrice said and then draw it with ruffles or just waves all around beauitful quilt and beauitful work

thismomquilts 03-15-2009 01:34 PM

wish i could do this well, the 'flatless' border can be quilted into submission, can it not?

butterflywing 03-15-2009 03:25 PM

i would baste the diagonal bits down very carefully before attempting to remove the border. then go with patrice and press, press, press. if you have any green left, you could try again, but on the straight grain (not the crossgrain - that stretches) to keep it flat. otherwise, just bind with it

JUST BEAUTIFUL. don't let this get in your way.

Lisa T 03-15-2009 03:31 PM

Oh, this is such a pretty quilt! I just love it!

I bet if you quilted that outer border really heavily it would help. I am really prone to wavy borders, too, and it frustrates me to no end!

Otherwise, I agree with Patrice, although that entails a bit more work. LOL!