Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Almost my last day at the school I have called home for 3 years (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/almost-my-last-day-school-i-have-called-home-3-years-t7379.html)

Cathy M 05-26-2008 07:07 AM

Outstanding job Henry! In looking at that photo of you and the quilt... I was thinking... he is truly a blessed man to have such love showered on him.... but then.... it came to me... those kids are the lucky ones to have had you in their lives. You changed some little ones in a profound way that will only benefit them and the world in the future. So well done sir :):)

sewmuch 05-26-2008 08:57 AM

Henry, that quilt is going to be awesome. It shows how much the kids thought of you in their remarks. I loved the one from the little girl who said you were like her 2nd Dad. Thats pretty special. :lol: :lol:

amma 05-26-2008 10:30 AM

The look on your face as you are holding up your quilt is priceless :D :D :D You must be stitiching individual memories of each child with every stitch you make.... You are holding a whole bunch of love in your hands right now :D :D :D

Izy 05-26-2008 10:46 AM

Wow Henry you are making a fantastic job of it....I am sure every stitch will be holding a long lasting memory of all the lovely times spent working with these kids binding them together forever for you :D :D :D

I hope you return to the school to show all the kids what you have made out of their art work!! :D :D :D

henryparrish76 05-26-2008 12:51 PM

Thanks Terri :)

henryparrish76 05-26-2008 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Joan
Henry, the quilt is beautiful---you can just "see" the love in each of the blocks. It is my feeling that great teachers are born not educated and it sounds like you've got this whole teaching thing figured out all ready. I do hope you'll perservere (sp?) and get your credential. The field needs people like you who truly love the kids and recognize each one of them as individuals (as opposed to worrying about standards and testing---ugh!). Look into the possiblity of grants, some districts are really in need of quality people and willing to offset the cost of school.

Thanks Joan. I am going to become a teacher. :)

henryparrish76 05-26-2008 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by Cathy M
Outstanding job Henry! In looking at that photo of you and the quilt... I was thinking... he is truly a blessed man to have such love showered on him.... but then.... it came to me... those kids are the lucky ones to have had you in their lives. You changed some little ones in a profound way that will only benefit them and the world in the future. So well done sir :):)

Awww don't make me tear up :XD:

barnbum 05-26-2008 12:52 PM

Oh Henry--black was the perfect color to choose!! All those notes just pop. What a treasure.

henryparrish76 05-26-2008 12:52 PM

Originally Posted by sewmuch
Henry, that quilt is going to be awesome. It shows how much the kids thought of you in their remarks. I loved the one from the little girl who said you were like her 2nd Dad. Thats pretty special. :lol: :lol:

yeah but they all touched my heart:)

henryparrish76 05-26-2008 12:53 PM

Originally Posted by amma
The look on your face as you are holding up your quilt is priceless :D :D :D You must be stitiching individual memories of each child with every stitch you make.... You are holding a whole bunch of love in your hands right now :D :D :D

it is still going to seem weird to not go into work tomorrow and see their faces and hear their stories.