Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Another Learning Experience in the Process by danmar (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/another-learning-experience-process-danmar-t39327.html)

danmar 03-12-2010 07:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi everybody! As you know I got my new (and only) templates from Rhonda on March 7th! (That's only 5 days ago!) I've been having a lot of fun with them. I made those few mini's and Kaleidoscopes that I posted on my post "I Got New Templates Today!!!". Well, I made 7 K's and now I'm making a wall hanging out of them.

This has turned into quite the "Learning Experience"!!! :oops: You see, I've never done most of the stuff before.

1. I've never made a Wall Hanging before.
2. I am using the K's that I had started learning to make just 2 days before.
3. I couldn't get the rounded edge of the K to turn under 1/4" and look right, so I had to design my own way to do them.....without that step!
4. I am appliqueing them to my background fabric, and I've never done applique before.
5. I'm making yo-yo's for the centers, and I've never made yo-yo's before.
6. I altered Rhonda's Dresdan Kaleidoscope template, (on cardboard not the real one), and made a "Mini K"! It's 5" across instead of 8 1/4".

Well, the point is that my K Wall Hanging is a total learning experience. I just thought that I'd post a picture and see what you all think of it so far. I'm thinking about using the applique method and putting gently rolling "Stems" between the bottom 2 corners. Any ideas out there??? I'd love to get your input!

My Kaleidoscope Wall Hanging So Far
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6342[/ATTACH]

tslowery 03-12-2010 07:09 AM

wow I like it alot

MamaBear61 03-12-2010 07:13 AM

It looks like you have doing a wonderful job as you learn, isn't trying new things fun

dkabasketlady 03-12-2010 07:31 AM

Very nice, you're doing more "first's" than I even want to attempt!

n2scraplvr 03-12-2010 07:35 AM

We love your bravery, Marilyn! We just hope it rubs off on some of us!! It looks great so far! :thumbup: :thumbup:

Dancing Needle 03-12-2010 07:38 AM

Ahhhhh, inspiration and innovation.....that's what is all about! Nice job! :thumbup:

Mousie 03-12-2010 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by danmar
Hi everybody! As you know I got my new (and only) templates from Rhonda on March 7th! (That's only 5 days ago!) I've been having a lot of fun with them. I made those few mini's and Kaleidoscopes that I posted on my post "I Got New Templates Today!!!". Well, I made 7 K's and now I'm making a wall hanging out of them.

This has turned into quite the "Learning Experience"!!! :oops: You see, I've never done most of the stuff before.

1. I've never made a Wall Hanging before.
2. I am using the K's that I had started learning to make just 2 days before.
3. I couldn't get the rounded edge of the K to turn under 1/4" and look right, so I had to design my own way to do them.....without that step!
4. I am appliqueing them to my background fabric, and I've never done applique before.
5. I'm making yo-yo's for the centers, and I've never made yo-yo's before.
6. I altered Rhonda's Dresdan Kaleidoscope template, (on cardboard not the real one), and made a "Mini K"! It's 5" across instead of 8 1/4".

Well, the point is that my K Wall Hanging is a total learning experience. I just thought that I'd post a picture and see what you all think of it so far. I'm thinking about using the applique method and putting gently rolling "Stems" between the bottom 2 corners. Any ideas out there??? I'd love to get your input!

FANTASTIC! I'm getting a new idea already! :thumbup:

danmar 03-12-2010 08:00 AM

1 Attachment(s)
My husband just saw this laying on the kitchen floor and said that the corners don't go with it since there's no other gold fabric like it, in the WH. Do you agree? I thought that the gold set it off. Should I leave it just plain or use the same material for the corners? Input please!!!

I originally thought of just leaving it like it is here and making it round with scalloped edges. I wouldn't know how to keep it from folding up though. I'd have to do something to make it stiff enough or to hold it in the correct shape.

Leave It Just Plain????
[ATTACH=CONFIG]6203[/ATTACH]

Quilter2B 03-12-2010 09:34 AM

Way Cool! I really like it

Tippy 03-12-2010 09:39 AM

I like both......................and I hate decisions...lol