Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Another of my Grandmother's quilts (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/another-my-grandmothers-quilts-t18809.html)

gcathie 04-11-2009 08:28 AM

Wow what great memories!....:-)

Bevanger 04-11-2009 08:34 AM

very pretty

Tippy 04-11-2009 10:02 AM

I agree with Loretta.. the first thing when I saw the blue and yellow flowers was the 30's.. reminds me of fabric in some of my grandmother and greatgrand's quilts that I have. Very nice.. aren't these wonderful treasures.

I have one from my grandmother that is pieced together with violet and dark yellow.. sounds hideous doesn't it.. but that was a common combination back then. One house I lived in as a child had a bathroom that was bright turquoise and salmon...OMG...

Debbie1 04-11-2009 11:19 AM

I'm glad you were able to take this treasure home with you!

Justquilting 04-11-2009 11:46 AM

How nice that your able to have something so special. Cherish it along with your memories.

Jim's Gem 04-11-2009 11:48 AM

That is so special to have a quilt that your grandmother made. As far as I know I am the firs quilter in my family. My dad's mom used to crochet afghans but never heard of anyone quilting.

Mousie 04-11-2009 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
That's pretty! If there are any more that need good homes, you have my addy, right???

LOL! ya know how you make up a picture in your head for what the d.j. on the radio looks like?
well, terri, if you come back as an animal,...thinking you'll be a dog of some sort...I often picture you reading this board with your tongue hanging out!!!:P :lol: :lol: :lol:

littlehud 04-11-2009 07:37 PM

Beautiful quilt. I'm so glad it found a good home with you.

Mousie 04-11-2009 07:37 PM

Originally Posted by Tippy
I agree with Loretta.. the first thing when I saw the blue and yellow flowers was the 30's.. reminds me of fabric in some of my grandmother and greatgrand's quilts that I have. Very nice.. aren't these wonderful treasures.

I have one from my grandmother that is pieced together with violet and dark yellow.. sounds hideous doesn't it.. but that was a common combination back then. One house I lived in as a child had a bathroom that was bright turquoise and salmon...OMG...

what is it, with ppl and those colors? my daughter and hubby bought a used mobile home, and one of the bathrooms is painted that color. She hates it.
Before having it repainted, her kitchen had salmon colored cabinets, with burgundy sheers? kitchen? well, we quilters always say, whatever floats your boat...not floatin mine though. There's just so many other combinations to choose from, these would not be my first, second, third....lol :D

Mousie 04-11-2009 07:40 PM

I'm glad you got the quilt, Pam, and I just love the marriage license!
I'd really like to have something like that of my ancestors. :D