Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Applique To Go Bag #2 (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/applique-go-bag-2-a-t312012.html)

retrogirl02 08-02-2020 02:42 PM

Applique To Go Bag #2

4 Attachment(s)
I prepped another to go bag using a different pattern by the same designer, Aneela Hoey and oh my word, I cannot believe how much I love this bag! It was my first snap and was definitely more complex than bag one but I think it's totally my new favorite. I purchased the fabric line in 1/2 yards so I still have plenty left to make some bits to go with it. Zippers are my new jam, two in this project and I didn't even stress about them.

I will say next time I'll use masking tape or something to get the pulls out of the way when I do the binding. I broke another needle on the old Janome but it was the pull, and that was my fault. I picked up a set of 10 new universal needles for it as I had to dig into the piecing needles the last few. In any case, it was a great learning experience and I'm thinking about making another for my fancy school pens, too!

granky 08-02-2020 03:35 PM

A really nice bag...pretty too!

osewme 08-02-2020 03:47 PM

What a great looking bag. If you don't have a snap, you could use velcro for the closure. I like the clear plastic so you can easily see what's inside & love the double zipper sections so all is not just jammed up in one big space. Thanks for showing us your new to go bag.

Tartan 08-02-2020 08:27 PM

Well done!

retrogirl02 08-02-2020 09:03 PM

Thanks, granky, osewme, & Tartan! I can't wait to add a few more of her designs to the mix. There are little goodie bags all the way to what I'm calling an art portfolio, I just can't choose which fabrics to make it out of yet. I think the next one (since I have nearly decided on the fabrics) is a folder with lots of pockets on both sides. These patterns are awesome!! I make a freezer paper version of each so I don't lose anything and that's been helpful.

retrogirl02 08-02-2020 09:06 PM

Snaps

Originally Posted by osewme (Post 8407187)
What a great looking bag. If you don't have a snap, you could use velcro for the closure. I like the clear plastic so you can easily see what's inside & love the double zipper sections so all is not just jammed up in one big space. Thanks for showing us your new to go bag.

I purchased two packs of magnetic snaps with a coupon at JoAnns recently, so no worries, there's plenty on hand. I was just nervous about it because they're new to me but it was totally easy and nothing to stress over. I don't think I even have velcro on hand, but yes, that would be a good item to stock for future use, thanks.

copycat 08-03-2020 02:24 AM

I like the bag style with the zippers at each end and the clear plastic makes it easy to see where things are inside at a glance.
Enjoy using your bag and show us more if you make some.

WMUTeach 08-03-2020 02:44 AM

Love your bag. The fabric is so charming and the clear plastic is a bonus!.

rjwilder 08-03-2020 03:29 AM

Great bag, I love the two zippers. I just googled her patterns. I'm going to get one of them, just haven't decided which one. It will be a great challenge for me. It will be something different to do, keep me busy and maybe learn a few new skills.

luvstoquilt 08-03-2020 04:25 AM

Love those!