Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   The awesome sewing room I'm giving up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/awesome-sewing-room-im-giving-up-t162578.html)

jc469273 10-23-2011 11:30 AM

I wish I could buy your house!

GreatStarter 10-23-2011 11:34 AM

Enjoy your two year adventure! I can't imagine leaving family and friends like you will be doing, however it's an adventure. You will be back in the states in just a couple of years. Pack up plenty of kits and just look at it as a fun new experience.

Kat

Jennie and Me 10-23-2011 11:55 AM

What a great experience you are in for! The time will fly by and before you know it you will be back here designing your new sewing room, oh, I mean house. Stay on this board and let us know how you are getting along. :thumbup:

Sailorwoman 10-23-2011 12:18 PM

If I didn't love him so much, I would give up my husband and keep the room. What an amazing room!

michelehuston 10-23-2011 12:20 PM

That is an amazing room...and great stash!! I know this must be very difficult for you, but you can plan another when you get back!!!

memaw4 10-23-2011 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Elizabeth in Texas
We're selling our house & moving to Saudi Arabia in the next couple of months.

Hubby has an incredible 30x30 workshop & I have an awesome sewing room that should have been 2 bedrooms, but we had it built as one room.

I am part of a group of women that have been friends & retreating buddies for years. We take turns retreating in each others' homes so I wanted/needed a room that could accommodate 6-7 women sewing on their machines.

I also have a very large stash that I wanted to be able to see, touch & easily access. I had a mid arm machine with a 12 ft table that I recently sold.

We will build another house when we come back. I won't replace the quilter, but I still want a sewing room close to this size.

Thanks for looking, understand that my room is not really this neat, I just moved things from one end to the other when I took the pictures so that it looks neat!

My heart goes out to you to have to leave such a beautiful sewing room. I would not want to. I do have a question for you though. I see that you sew on a table like I do. I have problems with my table viberating when I start sewing fast. Does yours? And how can I stop the table from doing that?

jaciqltznok 10-23-2011 12:45 PM

can I have the HOUSE....I got the stuff to put in it already....

two years will go by really fast..I would have just rented the house..to a good quilty friend of course...

allie1448 10-23-2011 12:55 PM

Wow, so sorry you have to give it up for a while it is quite stunning!

angelahen 10-23-2011 01:40 PM

OMG!!! How awesome is your sewing room. I would be gutted to be leaving it. But have fun designing your next one.

AUQuilter 10-23-2011 01:44 PM

I am sure you will miss this fabulous space! But there is one thing I have found with those who love sewing and quilting- we can work in small spaces if we have to.