Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Baby quilt-1 of 9 ocean bargello (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/baby-quilt-1-9-ocean-bargello-t247919.html)

adyldrop 06-06-2014 12:28 PM

Thank you all so very much! In all honesty i pieced this one before my daughter was born and i only had my son to care for. She is a great sleeper and most days naps in the afternoon during my son's nap so that is my mommy time for coffee and a little sewing time. And we have a small apartment that is easy to maintain housework in! I need to start on the next one and sew some labels for these two but haven't gotten up my ambitions to get started lol! Thank you all for your lovely words of encouragement; it is very appreciated!

Originally Posted by barri1 (Post 6747673)
I am not that far from you.. Probably 15-20 miles.. I am west of you. Almost near the queens border, but south near the Rockaway peninsula. I go to the Joann's stores out there on occasion, and the Big Lots on Sunrise. There is a small sewing machine repair shop near the Big Lots that I use. The guy is a sweetheart. He will repair the machines, and go out of his way for you. His prices are insanely low..

The mr vac mrs sew? The corner of sunrise and straight path? I was wondering about that place! I like the joann's in babylon; they just redid that location too now as well as a new one in deer park. Did you get hit bad with Sandy then?? My husband's aunt lives in the rockaways and did i think. Thanks for the repair shop info!! Always good to know a trustworthy fixit shop!

barri1 06-06-2014 01:57 PM

The repair shop is he one you mentioned, but I don't think there is a name to it. One of my offices in Rockaway was without electric, and phone for about a month, but we were able to function in our Valley Stream office after a week. I lucked out at home, and had electric after 24 hours. I'm in a one bedroom apt, and had my brother, his wife, two college kids, my mother, and his 85lb doodle for about a month.. We were all fine, as Cablevision had a guy with a generator at our corner 24/7.. He kept the generator going, and we had t.v, internet, and phone.. Think I would've lost my mind otherwise.

Originally Posted by adyldrop (Post 6747696)
Thank you all so very much! In all honesty i pieced this one before my daughter was born and i only had my son to care for. She is a great sleeper and most days naps in the afternoon during my son's nap so that is my mommy time for coffee and a little sewing time. And we have a small apartment that is easy to maintain housework in! I need to start on the next one and sew some labels for these two but haven't gotten up my ambitions to get started lol! Thank you all for your lovely words of encouragement; it is very appreciated!

The mr vac mrs sew? The corner of sunrise and straight path? I was wondering about that place! I like the joann's in babylon; they just redid that location too now as well as a new one in deer park. Did you get hit bad with Sandy then?? My husband's aunt lives in the rockaways and did i think. Thanks for the repair shop info!! Always good to know a trustworthy fixit shop!

QandE2010 06-06-2014 03:59 PM

Ohhhh! I love the colors!

shirleyd 06-06-2014 04:37 PM

Lovely quilt and colors! The backing is perfect for the theme too.

Caswews 06-06-2014 07:46 PM

Very pretty

solstice3 06-07-2014 03:43 AM

Great color combo

gibbette 06-10-2014 12:10 AM

very nice. love your fabrics.

MOLLYDOOKER2 06-10-2014 11:19 AM

Really cute!!! I would try fmq on your machine next time. Great workout for your biceps and triceps and not as tough on the fingertip pads!!! :)

Judith1005 09-30-2014 03:44 AM

Very pretty. I just love your hand quilting. Really carries the theme through to the end. Pretty batiks.