Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Baby Quilt - to be done by Sunday! **FINAL PIC ADDED PAGE 5 - PARENTS OPENING THE QUILT** (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/baby-quilt-done-sunday-%2A%2Afinal-pic-added-page-5-parents-opening-quilt%2A%2A-t11281.html)

rein 09-25-2008 08:54 AM

Absolutely great work! I am certain the parents will enjoy your gift - as will the baby. I agree with jbsstrawberry - the baby is pretty too.

I am a little worried about your kitties though - they seemed to love it too. Have you started a new project for them? Or at least for their approval?

Harmony 09-25-2008 12:09 PM

Your quilt is beautiful, and judging by the looks on the parents' faces, you've scored a bull's eye! Well done! That's the kind of reaction we always hope for when we make a quilt for someone!

CissyQuilts 09-25-2008 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by PrettyKitty
Here is Stu & Gill opening their quilt

Awww! They look so happy. :D

PrettyKitty 09-25-2008 01:49 PM

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH for the wonderful comments once again. This quilt really gave me confidence, I didn't think I could get it done in time, and was pleased with how it came out too.

And Rein, yes, the kitties miss it (I miss it too, keep looking at the pics of it,lol), but I just started another baby quilt tonight, they have already inspected the blocks I have done, they approve so far! And don't worry, I won't bug you all with day by day updates on it! This one is for another friends baby who turns 1 year old at the end of November, so I will be taking my time on this one!
Mx

Izy 09-25-2008 11:44 PM

Mary...we all enjoyed following you on your venture to finish this quilt, it was great fun watching it evolve :D

I for one look forward to watching your progress with your second quilt, what design are you doing?? (See - you gotta reply!!! :lol: )

PrettyKitty 09-26-2008 02:55 AM

Originally Posted by Izy

I for one look forward to watching your progress with your second quilt, what design are you doing?? (See - you gotta reply!!! :lol: )

Hi Izy,
This next one will be my third quilt, great to have so many friends with babies so I can hone my skills. This next one is for a baby boy on his first birthday. I am doing rail fence pattern, using bright mixed childrens fabrics - I have Pooh, Finding Nemo, and other bold, fun colours. It may end up being rather loud and busy, but I am trying to try new things, like maybe a pieced border and **GULP** - hand stitching the binding!! :!: :shock:

Izy 09-26-2008 03:54 AM

Good on you Mary...you can do it, one small step at a time, I found myself playing with 1.5" squares last week - now I am deeply engrossed in a scrappy quilt!! I have made about 150 X 3" (16 patches / each 3/4" finished) :shock:

It has given me great practice at butting up/interlocking all those junctions!!! :lol:

I look forward to seeing your next quilt Mary :D

sandpat 09-26-2008 04:37 AM

Great quilt and I love the look on the parents faces! That is really precious.

Feathers 09-26-2008 05:02 AM

PrettyKitty:
The picture of Gil and Stu opening their quilt is priceless. They look absolutely delighted with it. Great job and doesn't it make your heart feel good that they love it and know you made it with love in every stitch.

The baby is adorable but then I've never seen a baby anything that wasn't! Nice happy family.

Your kitties have more personality than most people one meets in their lifetime. Wow! Kitchen almost comes to life on the "puter" screen. Thanks for sharing.

rein 09-26-2008 08:45 AM

So glad to know you are making another quilt -but have you let the kittie helpers know that you will be giving it away too??? Theyneed their own -
I am certain.........