Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Baby quilt pics I never put up (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/baby-quilt-pics-i-never-put-up-t110105.html)

Leah Stewart 03-24-2011 07:34 PM

There is no excuse for not having common courtesy! I am 27 I say "yes, sir" "no, sir" "please" "Thank you" and my five year old does as well. I think it is the person. I show people things that I am making just to see how they react the ones who could care less, I could care less to make anything for! it takes a lot of time and love to make these quilts. I would've called her and told her what I thought of her lack of manners. I have been supper lucky and have had nothing but outstanding show of appreciation for the couple of quilts I have given! You should come and hang out with my family, we may not have much but we appreciate what we have and give thanks for everything we receive! It is a beautiful quilt!

BrendaB 03-24-2011 08:47 PM

I'm sorry you got discouraged. I hope you will make more quilts too. You did such a beautiful job. It's hard when you put your heart into a gift and it goes unnoticed. All of us here understand. Big Hugs.

carla m 03-25-2011 04:36 AM

wow you just sent it to the wrong neice my neice loves purple and would be crazy for it. its beautiful. shes expecting now so ill have to make another one too but im holding off for awhile hoping to find out what it is
before i start although if i listen to my brother ill
be digging out the pink and purple. it was really a shock as she wasnt supposed to be able to have any more kids,
but hey what do drs know anyway )))).
carla

LAB55 03-25-2011 04:58 AM

Your quilt is beautiful !! ;-)
Looking forward to seeing more, you do beautiful work ! ;-)

remareis 03-25-2011 11:38 AM

very nice, love the color, keep up the good work

ktmo815 03-26-2011 01:22 AM

What happened to writing "thank you" notes?

marmalade 06-01-2011 05:11 AM

Well,you sure made a beauty of a baby quilt! I love the purple colour and the design - like woven ribbons.

Could I ask where you found the pattern??? I love it!

BrandyMcCoy 06-01-2011 05:27 AM

It looks great! Don't let others keep you down. You wouldn't believe how many times I've made something for someone without even a thank you. I especially hate it when they ask for you to make something, then you pay for the supplies, then you finish give it to them, and then poof...they don't say thanks...those who do not sew, do not know the amount of work involved. At least you can know that things you make yourself are better than anything you by at a store:)

ube quilting 06-01-2011 03:28 PM

What BABY woudn't love this quilt! Please don't let this get you down. I have learned over many, many, many years, I only do projects for myself and then give them away as I like. I do make quilts for people who ask but not because they want it. I do it because I want to. How anyone feels about my work doesn't matter. I enjoy doing it.

Looking forward to seeing your next quilt posted, quickly! :D
Peace