Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Baby Quilt (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/baby-quilt-t5404.html)

Chele 03-21-2008 07:18 AM

So sweet! I know you'll find a lucky baby!

Diamonds 03-21-2008 07:46 AM

It is very pretty... I try and do some quilts that I keep back.. It is great having one that you can grab and wrap.. The others idea of a NICU is also very good if you choose to go that route..

sandpat 03-21-2008 11:58 AM

What a pretty baby quilt! I just love to do those too. I like to keep 1 or 2 around...(you never know when you might need 1), then I love to donate them to Project Linus.

Janstar 03-21-2008 03:49 PM

Your Baby quilt reminds me of Easter. It's very pretty! HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!!!

Kyiav10 03-21-2008 09:14 PM

I like it. Very colorful. Perfect for a baby!

Kyia

ezkwiltrV 03-22-2008 08:18 AM

I LOVE your color scheme. I work in a large ER department and try to make baby quilts for those coworkers that are expecting and right now, you can tell it was a long winter, fall, etc. I am always looking for new, interesting fabric and patterns for baby quilts. Sometimes I take a larger one and scale it down. I love making the smaller size because it is so much easier to deal with on the machine. I can't handle a lot of it- I have tremors and my husband cuts for me. I have just recently discovered the new "x block" template and plan to use it on my next quilt.
Do you always use just plain color? I almost always have a "theme" and sometimes I feel that it is overwhelming with all prints. Any hints or suggestions? I try to ask or hint around w/ the parents to be as to what they like or want for the nursery. One was a little girl that both mom and dad were fish maniacs and the quilt was unisex fishing until the very end when they found out it was a girl. So, it was finished in pink and purple binding. I am still a beginner after about 3 years of this- some day I'll be better. :lol:

ezkwiltrV 03-27-2008 10:46 AM

I don't know if I commented earlier or not, but I love the way it just flows. I'm w/ you- whomever said mine are less elaborate- I go with a theme and then try to figure out a pattern from there. I like the NICU idea- we have one at the hospital where I work and never thought to ask them if they needed any. I have such a short attention span, baby quilts are great for me and NICU quilts would be even smaller... :lol:

conblond2005 03-27-2008 01:38 PM

Karen that is pretty. Can you tell me how big it is? I have to make 2 baby quilts for 2 different familes at church. I have some nice fabric but I'm just not positive what is a good size for one. I don't want a crib size, just a normal baby quilt. I haven't had babies for 35 years so just am not sure.

thanks,
Connie

ezkwiltrV 03-28-2008 07:12 AM

Connie,
Not to move in on Karen's beautiful creation, but when I make baby quilts, I try to make them about the size of the batting, but lately I have been sticking with about 1- 11/2 yards because it is so easy to know the dimensions that way and figure out blocks, quarter triangles, etc. Crib batting is usually 45x60, but I bought cotton batting crib size and it was 48x60. I must say that baby quilts have been the only cotton battings I have soaked so they don't shrink or pucker. And it has worked well. I almost have the teddy bear toille done! :D

jamsbuying 03-28-2008 07:14 AM

Perfect for some lucky baby. Love the colors you used.