Quiltingboard Forums

Quiltingboard Forums (https://www.quiltingboard.com/)
-   Pictures (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/)
-   -   Backs DONE! One is 100 by 120. (https://www.quiltingboard.com/pictures-f5/backs-done-one-100-120-a-t277277.html)

ontheriver 03-31-2016 12:39 PM

The backs are as pretty as the fronts!!!

barnbum 03-31-2016 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by feline fanatic (Post 7510462)
Great backs! Hey I recognize that sunflower fabric in the second one! :D

And look at you giving those babies roosts already! I just picked up new chicks last night but I have an easy job of it because I have a mama hen that seems to take to any baby chick I shove under her! As long as I do it in one shot. She won't accept them if try to put new ones under her one day later. She is a bantam though so it is pretty hilarious in a few weeks when the chicks are almost as big as her and she still broods them.

You recognize that fabric? I love it!! Did I get it at Ada's? I used every inch, but I don't know what else I would have used it for. It's so pretty!

That is so funny about your hen. Having a hen raise these babies would be a whole lot easier for sure! We hope to have them in their coop after the next cold spell. How many chicks did you get? What kind? Hmm--should we talk about this in messages? lol

beatys9 03-31-2016 12:41 PM

Oh my gosh - these are gorgeous. I actually like it when the backs are so nice that my gift recipients can't decide which is their favorite!

barnbum 03-31-2016 12:43 PM

Originally Posted by Chasing Hawk (Post 7510332)
Beautiful quilt, front and back! Grand-kids and baby chicks will certainly keep you busy. Two of our grand kids spent their spring break with us. I was worn out by time they left.......lol I had forgotten how teens and pre teens love to eat. They must have hollow legs.

I find spending the day with grands tiring too--they are 1 and almost 3. All that in/out of the car seat stuff. And rescuing/protecting the 1 year old... LOVE every minute!! :-)

barnbum 03-31-2016 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by beatys9 (Post 7510583)
Oh my gosh - these are gorgeous. I actually like it when the backs are so nice that my gift recipients can't decide which is their favorite!

Thanks! I definitely like the fronts best--but wanted to play with leftover fabric for the big back. I love the quilting patterns they will have. Pantos--variegated thread... can't wait to see them.

barnbum 03-31-2016 12:46 PM

Originally Posted by SewCraftyGirl (Post 7510418)
Beautiful quilts! I particularly like the second quilt with the blue border.... that color combination really grabbed my attention.

Thanks. That blue will be used to bind the Triple Irish Chain. I'll use the wood like one on the log cabin. I picked a swirl for the log cabin--looks like waves.

heather1949 03-31-2016 02:40 PM

They are beautiful :)

Cam's gram 03-31-2016 02:42 PM

Beautiful quilts! What size are the squares in the first one?

barnbum 03-31-2016 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Cam's gram (Post 7510691)
Beautiful quilts! What size are the squares in the first one?

Do you mean the blocks? They are 10.5" finished. It's made with strips--2".

OhCanada 03-31-2016 04:08 PM

I've really enjoyed watching your progress on these gorgeous quilts. Please post again when they have been quilted!